Add Prinetr Problem - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Add Prinetr Problem - Microsoft Windows ; I have windows 98. I try to add printer to my system. HP PSC 1300/Office Jet 5500 doesnt appear in the HP line up? How do I get windows to except my new printer. It all ready excepts the scanner. ...

  1. Add Prinetr Problem

    I have windows 98. I try to add printer to my system. HP PSC
    1300/Office Jet 5500 doesnt appear in the HP line up? How do I get
    windows to except my new printer. It all ready excepts the scanner.

    Thanks
    Tino

  2. Re: Add Prinetr Problem

    teak@linuxmail.org wrote:
    > I have windows 98. I try to add printer to my system. HP PSC
    > 1300/Office Jet 5500 doesnt appear in the HP line up? How do I get
    > windows to except my new printer. It all ready excepts the scanner.

    'Accept' not 'except'.

    You need the drivers, then you point Windows to the file containing them
    when you manually install your printer, or use the Installation
    programme if they come in that form. This is an All-In-One model isn't
    it, so the required programmes are on the CD you got with your printer,
    as are those for the scanner part which was installed successfully.

  3. Re: Add Prinetr Problem

    I think it is the CD Rom all together. I tried that and the drivers
    don't appear. and nothing downloads.

    Thanks anyway.
    Tino

+ Reply to Thread