command line questions - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on command line questions - Microsoft Windows ; A. Is there a command to stop a proccess (instead of opening the "task manager") ? B. When I click "net start" I get a list of runing services. Can I somehow see the list of installed services, even the ...

  1. command line questions

    A. Is there a command to stop a proccess
    (instead of opening the "task manager") ?

    B. When I click "net start" I get a list of runing services.
    Can I somehow see the list of installed services, even the ones
    that are stopped ?

  2. Re: command line questions

    "tamiry" wrote:

    >A. Is there a command to stop a proccess
    > (instead of opening the "task manager") ?

    Type
    TASKKILL /?
    at the DOS prompt.

    >B. When I click "net start" I get a list of runing services.
    > Can I somehow see the list of installed services, even the ones
    >that are stopped ?

    You can see the list of all services in the Control Panel >
    Administrative Tools > Services.

    --
    (tm)

+ Reply to Thread