A question about safe mode with win98 - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on A question about safe mode with win98 - Microsoft Windows ; Hi How can I made Win 98 to allway's start in safe mode, even if I don't press F8 ? Thank Jean -- --...

  1. A question about safe mode with win98

    Hi

    How can I made Win 98 to allway's start in safe mode, even if I don't
    press F8 ?

    Thank

    Jean

  2. Re: A question about safe mode with win98

    "Jean Parent" wrote in message

    > Hi
    >
    > How can I made Win 98 to allway's start in safe mode, even if I don't
    > press F8 ?
    >
    > Thank
    >
    > Jean
    > --

    I think you can start 98 from DOS, theres probably a WIN switch like "win
    /safemode" or something ? you could call that from a batch file.

    > --

  3. Re: A question about safe mode with win98

    "Jean Parent" wrote in message news:d8ht7f$835$1@theodyn.ncf.ca...
    > Hi
    > How can I made Win 98 to allway's start in safe mode, even if I don't
    > press F8 ?

    If you really mean Safe mode and not "Command Prompt", click "Start",
    "Run", type "attrib -h -r -s c:\msdos.sys" into the "Open" box and click
    "OK". Then open "c:\msdos.sys" in Notepad, add "BootSafe=1" to
    the "[Options]" section and save the change.

    Ben

  4. Re: A question about safe mode with win98

    On 12 Jun 2005 18:00:15 GMT, bd518@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Jean Parent)
    wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >How can I made Win 98 to allway's start in safe mode, even if I don't
    >press F8 ?

    My book says that:

    The read-only file MSDOS.SYS can be used to change the options.

    BootFailSafe is normally 0, but if it set to 1 it will boot directly
    into Safe mode.

    HTH
    Geo

+ Reply to Thread