How can I stop Windows Wizard before it start ? - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on How can I stop Windows Wizard before it start ? - Microsoft Windows ; Hi I use a HD to keep my win98 with 2005 update, but wen I want to put it in a pc to tranfer it on a new hd, that windows wizard pop-up and start to mess al up my ...

  1. How can I stop Windows Wizard before it start ?

    Hi

    I use a HD to keep my win98 with 2005 update, but wen I want to put it
    in a pc to tranfer it on a new hd, that windows wizard pop-up and start to
    mess al up my backup hd.

    Can I do someting in the parameter so the window wizard won't try to
    install new devices on my backup hd ?

    Thank

    Jean
    --

  2. Re: How can I stop Windows Wizard before it start ?

    It sounds more like Windows is simply reacting to the presence of the
    newly installed drive, which it must do to use it. If the backup drive
    is installed as a slave or on the secondary channel and Windows is
    installed on the boot drive, any driver changes made should only affect
    the Windows installation on the boot drive.

    Ben

    "Jean Parent" wrote in message news:d8hsss$7se$1@theodyn.ncf.ca...

    > Hi
    >
    > I use a HD to keep my win98 with 2005 update, but wen I want to put it
    > in a pc to tranfer it on a new hd, that windows wizard pop-up and start to
    > mess al up my backup hd.
    >
    > Can I do someting in the parameter so the window wizard won't try to
    > install new devices on my backup hd ?
    >
    > Thank
    >
    > Jean
    > --