Any software ? Re: Can't see the photos in saved web page wen I move - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Any software ? Re: Can't see the photos in saved web page wen I move - Microsoft Windows ; it... Reply-To: ba221@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Gaetan Mailloux) References: Organization: The National Capital FreeNet "John of Aix" (j.murphy@libertysurf.fr) writes: > Gaetan Mailloux wrote: >> "John of Aix" (j.murphy@libertysurf.fr) writes: >>> Gaetan Mailloux wrote: >>>> Hi >>>> >>>> Wen I move a web page ...

  1. Any software ? Re: Can't see the photos in saved web page wen I move

    it... Reply-To: ba221@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Gaetan Mailloux)

    "John of Aix" (j.murphy@libertysurf.fr) writes:
    > Gaetan Mailloux wrote:

    >>> If you save a web page, mypage.htm for instance, then there is also a
    >>> folder created and saved at the same time which will be called
    >>> mypage_files and which contains any pictures or other content of that
    >>> type used on the page. You have to copy this folder into the same
    >>> folder as you put you mypage.htm

    >> I know about that folder, and I did copy it, but it still don't work .

    > OK
    >
    >> What can I do ?

    > Well in that case I think you'll have to do as Spajky suggests and
    > change the addresses within you HTML pages to point to where the images
    > are.

    Hi

    I have ton of web pages saved on various subjects, is there any software,
    shareware, or freeware , who can do that job ?

    Thank

    Gaetan

    --

  2. Re: Any software ? Re: Can't see the photos in saved web page wen I move

    "Gaetan Mailloux" wrote in message

    > it... Reply-To: ba221@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Gaetan Mailloux)
    >
    > <42a93674$0$898$8fcfb975@news.wanadoo.fr>
    >
    > "John of Aix" (j.murphy@libertysurf.fr) writes:
    >> Gaetan Mailloux wrote:

    >>> I know about that folder, and I did copy it, but it still don't work
    >>> .

    >> OK
    >>
    >>> What can I do ?

    >> Well in that case I think you'll have to do as Spajky suggests and
    >> change the addresses within you HTML pages to point to where the
    >> images
    >> are.

    > Hi
    >
    > I have ton of web pages saved on various subjects, is there any
    > software,
    > shareware, or freeware , who can do that job ?

    Hmm, perhaps. I don't know of any though. It all boils dwn to search an
    replace in the end so you could do it by hand, opening the files in
    anything that accepts them and changing the address. If you have any
    programming skills you wouldn't have much trouble writing something to
    do the job

  3. Re: Any software ? Re: Can't see the photos in saved web page wen I move

    "John of Aix" (j.murphy@libertysurf.fr) writes:
    > "Gaetan Mailloux" wrote in message
    >>
    >> it... Reply-To: ba221@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Gaetan Mailloux)
    >>
    >> <42a93674$0$898$8fcfb975@news.wanadoo.fr>

    >>> OK

    >>> Well in that case I think you'll have to do as Spajky suggests and
    >>> change the addresses within you HTML pages to point to where the
    >>> images
    >>> are.

    >> Hi
    >>
    >> I have ton of web pages saved on various subjects, is there any
    >> software,
    >> shareware, or freeware , who can do that job ?

    > Hmm, perhaps. I don't know of any though. It all boils dwn to search an
    > replace in the end so you could do it by hand, opening the files in
    > anything that accepts them and changing the address. If you have any
    > programming skills you wouldn't have much trouble writing something to
    > do the job

    Hi

    I don'have any programing skill

    I have few hundred web pages saved files, I know it's a lots: plants, home
    things, spirituality, and so on, it would take day's and I would make lot
    of errors...

    I did try a search on Google, for a software or a freeware, but I really
    don't know what key words to use for my specific need ?

    Thank

    Bye

    Gaetan
    --

  4. Re: Any software ? Re: Can't see the photos in saved web page wen I move

    Gaetan Mailloux wrote:

    >>> I have ton of web pages saved on various subjects, is there any
    >>> software,
    >>> shareware, or freeware , who can do that job ?

    >> Hmm, perhaps. I don't know of any though. It all boils dwn to search
    >> an replace in the end so you could do it by hand, opening the files
    >> in anything that accepts them and changing the address. If you have
    >> any programming skills you wouldn't have much trouble writing
    >> something to do the job

    > I don'have any programing skill

    Pity, it's a reasonably easy job.

    > I have few hundred web pages saved files, I know it's a lots: plants,
    > home things, spirituality, and so on, it would take day's and I would
    > make lot of errors...
    >
    > I did try a search on Google, for a software or a freeware, but I
    > really don't know what key words to use for my specific need ?

    I did a quick search. 'String replacement' brought up a few hits but as
    far as I could see they were commercial programmes. 'string' is the
    operative word here, that's what you want to deal with,a string, so
    'string search', replace string' etc might get you somewhere too.

  5. Re: Any software ? Re: Can't see the photos in saved web page wen I move

    John of Aix wrote:
    > Gaetan Mailloux wrote:

    >>> Hmm, perhaps. I don't know of any though. It all boils dwn to search
    >>> an replace in the end so you could do it by hand, opening the files
    >>> in anything that accepts them and changing the address. If you have
    >>> any programming skills you wouldn't have much trouble writing
    >>> something to do the job

    >> I don'have any programing skill

    > Pity, it's a reasonably easy job.
    >
    >> I have few hundred web pages saved files, I know it's a lots: plants,
    >> home things, spirituality, and so on, it would take day's and I would
    >> make lot of errors...
    >>
    >> I did try a search on Google, for a software or a freeware, but I
    >> really don't know what key words to use for my specific need ?

    > I did a quick search. 'String replacement' brought up a few hits but
    > as far as I could see they were commercial programmes. 'string' is the
    > operative word here, that's what you want to deal with,a string, so
    > 'string search', replace string' etc might get you somewhere too.

    Sed/awk will probably do it - try asking in alt.msdos.batch

+ Reply to Thread