Another unknown start-up program. - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Another unknown start-up program. - Microsoft Windows ; C:\Windows\shutdownaware.exe Any ideas what this does?...

  1. Another unknown start-up program.

    C:\Windows\shutdownaware.exe

    Any ideas what this does?

  2. Re: Another unknown start-up program.

    irwell wrote:
    > C:\Windows\shutdownaware.exe
    >
    > Any ideas what this does?

    Know the word 'google'? You've got a card reader, it controls it.

  3. Re: Another unknown start-up program.

    On Thu, 9 Jun 2005 22:29:19 +0200, "John of Aix"
    wrote:

    >irwell wrote:
    >> C:\Windows\shutdownaware.exe
    >>
    >> Any ideas what this does?

    >Know the word 'google'? You've got a card reader, it controls it.

    Thanks, again.

  4. Re: Another unknown start-up program.

    wrote:

    >irwell wrote:
    >> C:\Windows\shutdownaware.exe
    >>
    >> Any ideas what this does?

    >Know the word 'google'? You've got a card reader, it controls it.

    Thanks for the recommendation, I did a 'Google'
    and found this very useful website.
    http://www.tasklist.org/tasklist_s.html

    You just click on the questionable (exe)
    and it givesa description of what it does.

  5. Re: Another unknown start-up program.

    irwell wrote:
    > On Thu, 9 Jun 2005 22:29:19 +0200, "John of Aix"
    > wrote:
    >
    >> irwell wrote:
    >>> C:\Windows\shutdownaware.exe
    >>>
    >>> Any ideas what this does?

    >> Know the word 'google'? You've got a card reader, it controls it.
    >>

    > Thanks for the recommendation, I did a 'Google'
    > and found this very useful website.
    > http://www.tasklist.org/tasklist_s.html
    >
    > You just click on the questionable (exe)
    > and it givesa description of what it does.

    Exactly, that's what I did for your file and what I do when i come
    across a file I'm doubtful about or if I just want to know what it does.
    The
    other way to see if a file is OK or not is to check its properties and
    see who it was created by. If you have Canon stuff for instance and the
    file is from Canon then you can can be pretty sure its OK and doing what
    it is supposed to. Tis a wonderful thing the Internet.

+ Reply to Thread