access control on files and directory WinXP - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on access control on files and directory WinXP - Microsoft Windows ; Hello All, Is there any way to control access to files and directories under Windows XP (home or professional)? Meaning, I want a user in the same machine not to be able to access a certain directory. thanks Bipod...

  1. access control on files and directory WinXP

    Hello All,

    Is there any way to control access to files and directories under
    Windows XP (home or professional)? Meaning, I want a user in the same
    machine not to be able to access a certain directory.

    thanks

    Bipod

  2. Re: access control on files and directory WinXP

    With WinXP professional and NTFS you can set permissions for access to files and directories. This is part of the NTFS file system and is not built into FAT32. If I recall correctly it has been left out of the emasculated WinXP home.

    --
    Mike Walsh
    West Palm Beach, Florida, U.S.A.

+ Reply to Thread