A problem with my modem connexion - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on A problem with my modem connexion - Microsoft Windows ; Hi I have Win98 Wen I was downloading a lonnnnggg files on the Net, a small window appeared to ask if I want to stay connect, I've made the mistake to click on the little square where it say to ...

  1. A problem with my modem connexion

    Hi

    I have Win98

    Wen I was downloading a lonnnnggg files on the Net, a small window
    appeared to ask if I want to stay connect, I've made the mistake to click
    on the little square where it say to not askm me again if I want to stay
    connected, so, since that time, wen we close Internet Explorer, the line
    stay connect, since there's no more that small window to ask if I want to
    stay connect, we have to click on the small double monitor icon on the low
    right side of the screen. But most forget to do it, and still use the
    computer, so the line are busy all that time since it still connect by the
    modem.

    I've look everywhere in the parameter section, modem, Internet Explorer,
    connexion, etc... but I can't find how to bring back that small window who
    ask if we want to stay connect...

    How and where I can bring back that small window ?

    Thank

    Bye

    Gaetan
    --

  2. Re: A problem with my modem connexion

    Gaetan Mailloux wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I have Win98
    >
    > Wen I was downloading a lonnnnggg files on the Net, a small window
    > appeared to ask if I want to stay connect, I've made the mistake to
    > click on the little square where it say to not askm me again if I
    > want to stay connected, so, since that time, wen we close Internet
    > Explorer, the line stay connect, since there's no more that small
    > window to ask if I want to stay connect, we have to click on the
    > small double monitor icon on the low right side of the screen. But
    > most forget to do it, and still use the computer, so the line are
    > busy all that time since it still connect by the modem.
    >
    > I've look everywhere in the parameter section, modem, Internet
    > Explorer, connexion, etc... but I can't find how to bring back that
    > small window who ask if we want to stay connect...
    >

    > How and where I can bring back that small window ?

    If I remember correctly, Internet options (via IE tools or the Control
    Panel) then the tab Connections, then the Settings button then the
    Advanced button down the bottom of that window. Click "Disconnect when
    connection is no longer needed" (or something very similar).

  3. Re: A problem with my modem connexion

    On 4 Jun 2005 13:36:30 GMT, ba221@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Gaetan
    Mailloux) wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >I have Win98
    >
    >Wen I was downloading a lonnnnggg files on the Net, a small window
    >appeared to ask if I want to stay connect, I've made the mistake to click
    >on the little square where it say to not askm me again if I want to stay
    >connected, so, since that time, wen we close Internet Explorer, the line
    >stay connect, since there's no more that small window to ask if I want to
    >stay connect, we have to click on the small double monitor icon on the low
    >right side of the screen. But most forget to do it, and still use the
    >computer, so the line are busy all that time since it still connect by the
    >modem.
    >
    >I've look everywhere in the parameter section, modem, Internet Explorer,
    >connexion, etc... but I can't find how to bring back that small window who
    >ask if we want to stay connect...
    >

    >How and where I can bring back that small window ?

    Open IE>Tools>Internet Options>Connections Tab>Make sure your dialup
    connection is selected as your default if there's more than one>Select
    Always dial my default connection>Apply button

    This should dial your connection when you open IE and then give you
    back the dialog to ask if you want to close the dialup connection when
    you close IE.

    Gary E
    --
    |Gary A. Edelstein
    |edelsgNO@SPAMyahoo.com.invalid (remove NO SPAM and .invalid to reply)
    |"We have met the enemy and he is us." - Walt Kelly's Pogo

+ Reply to Thread