Keeping a disabled mouse driver disabled - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Keeping a disabled mouse driver disabled - Microsoft Windows ; Dear world, I have a problem with a device that is connected via the comport to a Windows XP system (service pack 2). I have noticed that XP automatically installs a mouse driver ('microsoft serial mouse' or 'serial ballpoint mouse') ...

  1. Keeping a disabled mouse driver disabled

    Dear world,

    I have a problem with a device that is connected via the comport to a
    Windows XP system (service pack 2). I have noticed that XP
    automatically installs a mouse driver ('microsoft serial mouse' or
    'serial ballpoint mouse') when the device is sending data during
    Windows startup or during 'scan for new hardware'. This mouse driver
    causes a communication breakdown with my device.

    My solution was to disable the installed mouse drivers (I have 2
    devices, both connected to a comport) but lately I noticed that one
    mouse driver was enabled again! (The other one was still disabled.)

    Who enabled this mouse driver again? I want to keep them both disabled,
    otherwise I will have communication problems again!

    Can someone tell me what caused the enabling of the mouse driver? And
    how I can prevent Windows to enable a disabled (mouse) driver?

    Thanks in advance.

    Regards,
    Gerwin van Dijken.

  2. Re: Keeping a disabled mouse driver disabled

    wrote in message
    news:1117718215.297354.271370@o13g2000cwo.googlegr oups.com...
    > Dear world,
    >
    > I have a problem with a device that is connected via the comport to a
    > Windows XP system (service pack 2). I have noticed that XP
    > automatically installs a mouse driver ('microsoft serial mouse' or
    > 'serial ballpoint mouse') when the device is sending data during
    > Windows startup or during 'scan for new hardware'. This mouse driver
    > causes a communication breakdown with my device.
    >
    > My solution was to disable the installed mouse drivers (I have 2
    > devices, both connected to a comport) but lately I noticed that one
    > mouse driver was enabled again! (The other one was still disabled.)
    >
    > Who enabled this mouse driver again? I want to keep them both disabled,
    > otherwise I will have communication problems again!
    >
    > Can someone tell me what caused the enabling of the mouse driver? And
    > how I can prevent Windows to enable a disabled (mouse) driver?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Gerwin van Dijken.

    if your not using the mouse, then why not just unplug it then xp wouldn't
    find it and thus not install the drivers.....

  3. Re: Keeping a disabled mouse driver disabled

    I don't have a mouse but some other device connected to the comport.
    This device is sending data that makes XP think it's a mouse.

+ Reply to Thread