This page cannot be displayed. - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on This page cannot be displayed. - Microsoft Windows ; IE 6.00 on Windows 98SE gives this message when trying to access websites. I am using K-meleon as the main browser but need IE for a certain website....

  1. This page cannot be displayed.

    IE 6.00 on Windows 98SE gives this message when
    trying to access websites. I am using K-meleon as
    the main browser but need IE for a certain website.

  2. Re: This page cannot be displayed.

    irwell wrote:
    > IE 6.00 on Windows 98SE gives this message when
    > trying to access websites. I am using K-meleon as
    > the main browser but need IE for a certain website.

    If it won't let you use your choice of Web browser, I'd suggest finding
    a different website. IE is so unsafe it ought to be illegal to use it
    for anything except accessing Winblows Update.

  3. Re: This page cannot be displayed.

    On Wed, 01 Jun 2005 03:58:01 -0400, Twisted One
    wrote:

    >irwell wrote:
    >> IE 6.00 on Windows 98SE gives this message when
    >> trying to access websites. I am using K-meleon as
    >> the main browser but need IE for a certain website.

    >If it won't let you use your choice of Web browser, I'd suggest finding
    >a different website. IE is so unsafe it ought to be illegal to use it
    >for anything except accessing Winblows Update.

    Unfortunately this particular website (containing some
    tech stuff for automobiles) has been configured for us
    with IE 5.5 and higher. My IE 6.0 seems to be working OK
    except for getting out to websites.

  4. Re: This page cannot be displayed.

    irwell wrote:
    > Unfortunately this particular website (containing some
    > tech stuff for automobiles) has been configured for us
    > with IE 5.5 and higher. My IE 6.0 seems to be working OK
    > except for getting out to websites.

    If it was custom configured for you to use IE 5.5, have it custom
    reconfigured to use firefox -- or better yet, to use W3C-validated HTML
    and do any dynamic/weird stuff using server side scripting only and
    forms to get input. That's maybe a touch clunky, but it's also very
    portable. If fanciness is really needed, applet/servlet pairs (using Sun
    standard Java!) embedded in W3C-validated HTML.