How do I remove license key from Windows 98? - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on How do I remove license key from Windows 98? - Microsoft Windows ; Hello Is there a way to remove the Windows 98 license form the machine, so when you next boot up, it sits at the "Enter license..." screen, like it does when you buy a PC with Windows pre-installed? I am ...

  1. How do I remove license key from Windows 98?

    Hello

    Is there a way to remove the Windows 98 license form the machine, so
    when you next boot up, it sits at the "Enter license..." screen, like
    it does when you buy a PC with Windows pre-installed? I am selling
    lots of other software installed and configured so I don't want to just
    format the machine. I'd just like the buyer to be able to enter their
    license and be able to enter Windows (where I've installed all the
    drivers already etc...)

    Many thanks,
    Steve

  2. Re: How do I remove license key from Windows 98?

    On Fri, 27 May 2005 sda100@gmail.com wrote:

    > Hello
    >
    > Is there a way to remove the Windows 98 license form the machine, so
    > when you next boot up, it sits at the "Enter license..." screen, like
    > it does when you buy a PC with Windows pre-installed? I am selling
    > lots of other software installed and configured so I don't want to just
    > format the machine. I'd just like the buyer to be able to enter their
    > license and be able to enter Windows (where I've installed all the
    > drivers already etc...)
    >
    > Many thanks,
    > Steve

    Yes there is a way with regedit, but I would'nt dare describe it
    here!!!
    Kokomo Joe

  3. Re: How do I remove license key from Windows 98?

    Where would you dare describe it?

  4. Re: How do I remove license key from Windows 98?

    Actually if you can get copy of Secrets WIN95, it Describes the process.
    I presume the same process could be folowed in subsequent versions of
    windows. The registry will show the actual person or company that
    owned the software. You edit this to your name or company. The
    legality of doing this is questionable, and if you make a mistake
    while useing REGEDIT, your in for a big Migraine headache.
    Joe

    * Ham KH6JF AARS/MARS ABM6JF QCWA WW2 VET WD RADIO SYSTEM*
    * Army MARS PRECEDED by AARS (Army Amateur Radio System) *

    On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 sda100@gmail.com wrote:

    > Where would you dare describe it?

+ Reply to Thread