Hi,
I am using a proflic PL3507 Firewire-IDE bridge. I am trying to disable
write cache but when I uncheck the box, explorer hangs for a while.
Explorer later recovers but the external drive disappears. If you
switch the drive off and then back on again, it will recover but takes
a long time be recognised.

I tried this a few times yesterday but it resulted in corrupting the
external harddisk. I was wondering if I can turn off write cache in the
registry of Win2k so that it is off from boot up rather than trying to
turn it off once present - what I assume is causing the problem.

Thanks
squelch41