ascii characters in command prompt - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on ascii characters in command prompt - Microsoft Windows ; When I perform a ping command in the command prompt i get returned ascii characters. does anyone know what may be causing this?...

  1. ascii characters in command prompt

    When I perform a ping command in the command prompt i get returned
    ascii characters. does anyone know what may be causing this?

  2. Re: ascii characters in command prompt

    awwii wrote:
    > When I perform a ping command in the command prompt i get returned
    > ascii characters. does anyone know what may be causing this?

    Erm, well what else do you expect, everything in 'DOS' uses the 256
    ASCII characters. Do you mean you are getting odd ones that are
    meaningless?

+ Reply to Thread