Explorer too slow for a particular user login - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Explorer too slow for a particular user login - Microsoft Windows ; Hi all, I am using windows 2000 OS which has 2 users created (admin and a normal user with restricted rights). Till a month back I had no problems in using the explorer. The only things I got installed in ...

  1. Explorer too slow for a particular user login

    Hi all,

    I am using windows 2000 OS which has 2 users created (admin and a
    normal user with restricted rights).

    Till a month back I had no problems in using the explorer. The only
    things I got installed in the last one month are "Download accelerator
    plus" and a new modem for internet connection.

    With the admin login the explorer works fine.

    But with the user login, displaying the network directory structure
    itself is very slow. It takes minutes for the window to open when I
    click on "My Computer", "My documents" or any other folder.
    Surprisingly, when I right click on "My computer" icon and select
    "explore", the response is immediate.

    I dont have any clue as to what is the problem and what needs to be
    done.

    I have scanned the whole machine for any virus but could not find any.

    Please help me with suitable suggestions to resolve this problem.

    Thanks in advance.

    regards,

    ASD

  2. Re: Explorer too slow for a particular user login

    arvindsd@yahoo.com wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I am using windows 2000 OS which has 2 users created (admin and a
    > normal user with restricted rights).
    >
    > Till a month back I had no problems in using the explorer. The only
    > things I got installed in the last one month are "Download accelerator
    > plus" and a new modem for internet connection.
    >
    > With the admin login the explorer works fine.
    >
    > But with the user login, displaying the network directory structure
    > itself is very slow. It takes minutes for the window to open when I
    > click on "My Computer", "My documents" or any other folder.
    > Surprisingly, when I right click on "My computer" icon and select
    > "explore", the response is immediate.
    >
    > I dont have any clue as to what is the problem and what needs to be
    > done.
    >
    > I have scanned the whole machine for any virus but could not find any.
    >
    > Please help me with suitable suggestions to resolve this problem.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > regards,
    >
    > ASD

    Spyware.

    Download accelerators are snake oil.

    Run Ad-Aware and Spybot Search and Destroy.

  3. Re: Explorer too slow for a particular user login

    > Download accelerators are snake oil.
    > Run Ad-Aware and Spybot Search and Destroy.

    Agreed - i`ve got some tips on tracking this sort of crap on my site...

    http://www.coreutilities.co.uk