WindowsXP\svchost.exe VIRUS !!! - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on WindowsXP\svchost.exe VIRUS !!! - Microsoft Windows ; I have a svchost.exe on my winXP directory running automatically under the PowerManager service name and consumes all CPU resource. This may coz my CPU to crash. I found the entries wich run this program in the registery and removed ...

  1. WindowsXP\svchost.exe VIRUS !!!

    I have a svchost.exe on my winXP directory running automatically under
    the PowerManager service name and consumes all CPU resource. This may
    coz my CPU to crash.
    I found the entries wich run this program in the registery and removed
    them, but it reruns again and set itself up again. Where is the virus
    home and what program is setting up it?

  2. Re: WindowsXP\svchost.exe VIRUS !!!

    Lots of info -- do a google for "svchost max cpu"

    On 22 May 2005 04:43:47 -0700, "nick" wrote:

    >I have a svchost.exe on my winXP directory running automatically under
    >the PowerManager service name and consumes all CPU resource. This may
    >coz my CPU to crash.
    >I found the entries wich run this program in the registery and removed
    >them, but it reruns again and set itself up again. Where is the virus
    >home and what program is setting up it?

    ---
    Remove x's to send.

  3. Re: WindowsXP\svchost.exe VIRUS !!!

    Go to www.sysinternals.com and download autoruns and process explorer.
    By using both of these free tools you'll be able to find out what's
    going on and prevent it from reloading.

  4. Re: WindowsXP\svchost.exe VIRUS !!!

    Deactivate the svchost.exe in msconfig. This should solve the problem.
    If not, install the Demo of Kasparsky Antivirus. This should destroy
    your virus.

  5. Re: WindowsXP\svchost.exe VIRUS !!!

    I found the svchost.exe under PowerManager in Registery and deleted it.
    but the file and registery entry made again and again.
    I do not know what is the source of virus. but hope to find it.

+ Reply to Thread