My .avi file has lost ! - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on My .avi file has lost ! - Microsoft Windows ; Carsten Neubauer 寫道: > emil_lam schrieb: > > > > > > Last 260 bytes : > > > > d8 17 ea cd 3e a3 17 b9 0f 7b 89 ae 7d 99 36 f0 > > a3 43 ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 55 of 55

  1. Re: My .avi file has lost !

    Carsten Neubauer 寫道:
    > emil_lam schrieb:
    >

    > > Last 260 bytes :
    > >
    > > d8 17 ea cd 3e a3 17 b9 0f 7b 89 ae 7d 99 36 f0
    > > a3 43 fc e9 ea 00 5a 6f 2b 1d b4 8d ae 7c 8d d6
    > > 09 a5 03 c2 f8 fe f2 70 be 3f f0 2d ee 2b de a6
    > > 67 b7 d3 fe d1 74 59 0c ad 8d a5 7d 77 d1 25 ef
    > > d1 53 ef d3 3e 32 ba 28 89 9e 48 a6 bd 76 d3 8a
    > > 3d ec 1d db cb de c2 74 ee c7 33 68 cf fd 74 c1
    > > a7 f4 e8 67 b4 7b 0e 9d 97 4b 0f e7 d1 ae 87 e8
    > > 9c c3 f4 e0 11 5a 5c c4 qe 79 31 7b 24 47 b9 cf

    > ^^
    > ehm, are you serious about the letter 'q' in here?

    Sorry, typing mistake, it should be 1e

    > > fe 9a 1e 38 46 bb 94 d3 59 15 b4 a6 92 76 3e 45
    > > 67 9c a6 7b bf a5 1d eb e8 b4 7a ba bb 81 b6 3f
    > > cb be 94 73 ec 73 58 e6 3e b5 85 ee 6a a5 ed 2e
    > > d1 c9 97 e9 8e 1f 69 1b 35 2d eb a0 55 9d b4 d5
    > > 35 3a e1 3a dd 7e 83 3d c2 3e f6 28 fb b8 b7 fc
    > > 95 8e ff 8d 6e fb 9d b6 18 a2 63 87 e9 96 11 da
    > > ec 0e 1d 7d 97 6e fa 8b 36 99 a4 23 a7 d8 d3 30
    > > cd 9e a8 fb ff f9 bf da 4b 26 d3 f9 9f ef ff ed
    > > ff 7e ff 06
    > >

    > this looks odd, i had expected to see the filename,
    > both lengths and the CRC immediately, but this
    > second part looks like compressed data, rather than
    > the proper end of a zip-file to me.
    >
    > so your file looks corrupt to me, as if some important
    > data is missing from the end of your file.
    > as if something crashed and your file wasn't finished
    > or truncated by accident?
    >

    > > I wanted to use a more recent WinZip but unfortunately this HD was
    > > installed temporarily and no networking function available. The

    > latest
    > > WinZip 9 suggested by Noel Paton has over 2MB size even after
    > > compression.

    > Two floppys and your hex-editor, a CD or some USB-stick could fix that.

    You mean using 2 floppies to hold the 2MB WinZip ? The CD drive of
    current notebook I used for internet browsing had died already .
    Couldn't understand why you mention USB-stick.

    > You may better rule out all possible culprits.
    >

    > Hope it helps,
    >

    > Carsten Neubauer
    > http://www.c14sw.de
    > http://www.edcomponents.com

  2. Re: My .avi file has lost !

    No defragmentation done yet. Reformat ? All data will be lost !

    How about scandisk & surface scan ? Could this help to identify bad
    sectors ?

  3. Re: My .avi file has lost !

    well what I meant when was it formatted fresh(how old is the drive and when
    was the last time it was surface scanned?) Also, I find it suspect that you
    were able to compress that AVI that much. I tried a test of that with
    WINRAR. 1 gig AVI file was only compressed 2%. (about 20megs). This was a
    windows AVI.

    "emil_lam" wrote in message
    news:1117037566.682550.11030@g43g2000cwa.googlegro ups.com...
    > No defragmentation done yet. Reformat ? All data will be lost !
    >
    > How about scandisk & surface scan ? Could this help to identify bad
    > sectors ?

  4. Re: My .avi file has lost !

    JAD wrote:
    > well what I meant when was it formatted fresh(how old is the drive and when
    > was the last time it was surface scanned?) Also, I find it suspect that you
    > were able to compress that AVI that much. I tried a test of that with
    > WINRAR. 1 gig AVI file was only compressed 2%. (about 20megs). This was a
    > windows AVI.

    No doubt a linux AVI would have compressed better.

  5. Re: My .avi file has lost !

    Twisted One wrote:
    > JAD wrote:
    >
    >> well what I meant when was it formatted fresh(how old is the drive and
    >> when
    >> was the last time it was surface scanned?) Also, I find it suspect
    >> that you
    >> were able to compress that AVI that much. I tried a test of that with
    >> WINRAR. 1 gig AVI file was only compressed 2%. (about 20megs). This was a
    >> windows AVI.

    > No doubt a linux AVI would have compressed better.

    an .avi's an .avi... there's many different kinds, but they're platform
    independent.

    Rick

  6. Re: My .avi file has lost !

    "emil_lam" wrote in message
    news:1117037566.682550.11030@g43g2000cwa.googlegro ups.com...
    > No defragmentation done yet. Reformat ? All data will be lost !
    >
    > How about scandisk & surface scan ? Could this help to identify bad
    > sectors ?

    Go here http://cdmediaworld.com/hardware/cdrom/cd_utils_6.shtml and try this
    program. AVI2VCD I use it to convert AVI video to mpeg. In the process it
    reduces the size of the file by quite a bit, about half. Then you will have
    a much smaller file to deal with plus give you more room on you cd.
    AVI2VCD is an MPEG encoder with only one purpose: Encoding VideoCD 2.0
    compliant mpeg streams. Avi2vcd can create all 3 valid VideoCD streams: FILM
    (23.976 fps), PAL (25 fps), and NTSC (29.97 fps)

  7. Re: My .avi file has lost !

    i wasn't going to bother informing you that are differences in AVI's,
    mainly because it would be a lengthily boring post involving WMP or the AVI
    my digital still camera produces, or my digital video, etc etc
    etc............

    "Twisted One" wrote in message
    > Rick T wrote:
    > > Twisted One wrote:

    > >> No doubt a linux AVI would have compressed better.

    > > an .avi's an .avi... there's many different kinds, but they're platform
    > > independent.

    > I know they're platform independent. It was a joke on the original
    > poster's taking pains to point out that it was a "windows AVI".
    >
    > --
    > http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/right-to-read.html
    > Palladium? Trusted Computing? DRM? Microsoft? Sauron.
    > "One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them
    > One ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them."

  8. Re: My .avi file has lost !

    Rick T wrote:
    > Twisted One wrote:
    >> JAD wrote:
    >>
    >>> well what I meant when was it formatted fresh(how old is the drive
    >>> and when
    >>> was the last time it was surface scanned?) Also, I find it suspect
    >>> that you
    >>> were able to compress that AVI that much. I tried a test of that with
    >>> WINRAR. 1 gig AVI file was only compressed 2%. (about 20megs). This
    >>> was a
    >>> windows AVI.

    >> No doubt a linux AVI would have compressed better.

    > an .avi's an .avi... there's many different kinds, but they're platform
    > independent.

    I know they're platform independent. It was a joke on the original
    poster's taking pains to point out that it was a "windows AVI".

  9. Re: My .avi file has lost !

    My 5 yr old capture card does native Morgan .avi ... another one I have
    does a couple ATI proprietary formats (which I think are also filed as
    ..avi's)

    Rick

    JAD wrote:
    > i wasn't going to bother informing you that are differences in AVI's,
    > mainly because it would be a lengthily boring post involving WMP or the AVI
    > my digital still camera produces, or my digital video, etc etc
    > etc............
    >

    > "Twisted One" wrote in message
    >
    >>Rick T wrote:

    >>>an .avi's an .avi... there's many different kinds, but they're platform
    >>>independent.

    >>I know they're platform independent. It was a joke on the original
    >>poster's taking pains to point out that it was a "windows AVI".
    >>
    >>--
    >>http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/right-to-read.html
    >>Palladium? Trusted Computing? DRM? Microsoft? Sauron.
    >>"One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them
    >> One ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them."

  10. Re: My .avi file has lost !

    Walt & Lisa 寫道:
    > "emil_lam" wrote in message
    > news:1117037566.682550.11030@g43g2000cwa.googlegro ups.com...
    > Go here http://cdmediaworld.com/hardware/cdrom/cd_utils_6.shtml and try this
    > program. AVI2VCD I use it to convert AVI video to mpeg. In the process it

    I remembered I had tried this software last year on .avi files
    generated by the card. It failed to convert the files to other format.

    > reduces the size of the file by quite a bit, about half. Then you will have
    > a much smaller file to deal with plus give you more room on you cd.
    > AVI2VCD is an MPEG encoder with only one purpose: Encoding VideoCD 2.0
    > compliant mpeg streams. Avi2vcd can create all 3 valid VideoCD streams: FILM
    > (23.976 fps), PAL (25 fps), and NTSC (29.97 fps)

  11. Re: My .avi file has lost !

    I remember last year I'd tried this software, it failed to convert the
    ..avi files encoded by my TV card to other format files.

  12. Re: My .avi file has lost !

    Walt & Lisa 寫道:

    > Go here http://cdmediaworld.com/hardware/cdrom/cd_utils_6.shtml and try this
    > program. AVI2VCD I use it to convert AVI video to mpeg. In the process it
    > reduces the size of the file by quite a bit, about half. Then you will have
    > a much smaller file to deal with plus give you more room on you cd.
    > AVI2VCD is an MPEG encoder with only one purpose: Encoding VideoCD 2.0
    > compliant mpeg streams. Avi2vcd can create all 3 valid VideoCD streams: FILM
    > (23.976 fps), PAL (25 fps), and NTSC (29.97 fps)

    Bingo! I can read those .avi files & encode them to space saving mpeg
    format now with Ulead Video ToolBox 2. It's miracle that an over 1GB
    ..avi file can be encoded to around 1MB :0. I think I need to check
    further

  13. Re: My .avi file has lost !

    No! Not HD problem! I copied the files to another HD formatted and
    installed fresh with ME+XP in 2 separate partitions. Compression with
    ME's built in program still gave me an "empty" compressed folder. Wow!
    Compression with XP's built in program succeeded ---- I can played the
    compressed .avi file inside the compressed folder with XP's WMP 8.

    Sidetrack: I found XP's native WMP performed much better than ME's one
    --- when I played the file with XP's WMP, the video speed is normal;
    when I played the file with ME's WMP, the video was played back in
    "slow motion".

  14. Re: My .avi file has lost !

    I copied the files to another HD formatted and installed fresh with
    ME+XP in 2 separate partitions. Compression with ME's built in program
    still gave me an "empty" compressed folder. Wow! Compression with XP's
    built in program succeeded ---- I can played the compressed .avi file
    inside the compressed folder with XP's WMP 8.

    Sidetrack: I found XP's native WMP performed much better than ME's one
    --- when I played the file with XP's WMP, the video speed is normal;
    when I played the file with ME's WMP, the video was played back in
    "slow motion".

  15. Re: My .avi file has lost !

    "emil_lam" wrote in message
    news:1117820209.377934.131620@g44g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
    > No! Not HD problem! I copied the files to another HD formatted and
    > installed fresh with ME+XP in 2 separate partitions. Compression with
    > ME's built in program still gave me an "empty" compressed folder. Wow!
    > Compression with XP's built in program succeeded ---- I can played the
    > compressed .avi file inside the compressed folder with XP's WMP 8.
    >
    > Sidetrack: I found XP's native WMP performed much better than ME's one

    There is a peice of hardware/driver(sound card is my guess) that is messing
    up(incompatability) your ME install. Although I obviously don't have the
    exact AVI you have, I can compress, view and run from ME's compression
    software any AVI that I choose.

    > --- when I played the file with XP's WMP, the video speed is normal;
    > when I played the file with ME's WMP, the video was played back in
    > "slow motion".

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3