I am using kAuction, eBay Auction Management Software by Kinem to write and
submit my Ebay auctions. In that software is a category picker and it uses a
Java applet. it opens the window and at the top of the window is a red X. I
clicked the red X and opened the Java console and this is the message I
get.............

Java Plug-in 1.5.0_02
Using JRE version 1.5.0_02 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
User home directory = C:\Documents and Settings\Joy
When I opened the Java console from the red x in the window of the empty
category picker this is what appears...seems some error message.

c: clear console window
f: finalize objects on finalization queue
g: garbage collect
h: display this help message
l: dump classloader list
m: print memory usage
o: trigger logging
p: reload proxy configuration
q: hide console
r: reload policy configuration
s: dump system and deployment properties
t: dump thread list
v: dump thread stack
x: clear classloader cache
0-5: set trace level to

java.lang.ClassFormatError: Incompatible magic value 1013478509 in class
file CatApplet118
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknow n Source)
at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadCode(Unknown Source)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.createApplet(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin.AppletViewer.createApplet(Unknown Source)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.runLoader(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Of course it is al Greek to me and I do not understand it. I had
uninstalled Sun Java and reinstalled it, once I did that my category picker

opened right up.....untill I went out of my Kauction software and then tried
to open it again. Now it will NOT work. I have booted and rebooted without
sucess. Can you tell me what is wrong and how to fix it? Would I do better
using MS virtual machine? I am having NO problem with my Java using websites
and have tested it and it is fine. I just cannot use it for this software.
Thanks so much,