Easier way to toggle "Show Pictures" in IE? - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Easier way to toggle "Show Pictures" in IE? - Microsoft Windows ; XP Pro/IE6. I work in a situation where sometimes I want IE to display images, and other times not at all. While it's tolerable to go to Tools, Internet Options, Advanced, and find the Show Pics checkbox each and every ...

  1. Easier way to toggle "Show Pictures" in IE?

    XP Pro/IE6.

    I work in a situation where sometimes I want IE to display images, and
    other times not at all. While it's tolerable to go to Tools, Internet
    Options, Advanced, and find the Show Pics checkbox each and every time
    I want to switch, I'm wondering if there a faster way?

    Any kind of command line command, shortcut, even a *.reg file I could
    have that would toggle this?

    I know I can just leave the images off, and right click to show an
    image that I want to download. This isn't want I want though. I want
    all or none. Just looking for a faster way of toggling this option.

    Much TIA!

  2. Re: Easier way to toggle "Show Pictures" in IE?

    On 19 May 2005 13:27:59 -0700, yerk5@hotmail.com wrote:

    >XP Pro/IE6.
    >
    >I work in a situation where sometimes I want IE to display images, and
    >other times not at all. While it's tolerable to go to Tools, Internet
    >Options, Advanced, and find the Show Pics checkbox each and every time
    >I want to switch, I'm wondering if there a faster way?
    >
    >Any kind of command line command, shortcut, even a *.reg file I could
    >have that would toggle this?
    >
    >I know I can just leave the images off, and right click to show an
    >image that I want to download. This isn't want I want though. I want
    >all or none. Just looking for a faster way of toggling this option.

    your keywoard is on the last key line! :-)

    REGEDIT4

    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main]
    "Play_Animations"="no"
    "Play_Background_Sounds"="no"
    "Display Inline Videos"="no"
    "Display Inline Images"="no"

    REGEDIT4

    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main]
    "Play_Animations"="yes"
    "Play_Background_Sounds"="yes"
    "Display Inline Videos"="yes"
    "Display Inline Images"="yes"

    make those 2 reg.entries with Notepad & rename them like IEmm-NO.reg &
    IEmm-YES.reg . (copy/paste between those lines to a text file)
    Save them somewhere & make shorcut to desktop & add to them at wish a
    custom icon!

    Than import them at wish (will ask you to confirm),; to settings to
    take effect, you need to close & reopen IE!

    you can use also a batch /minimised window & close on exit properties/
    with command line for example: REGEDIT /S IEmm-NO.reg ...
    Its a bit slower executing, so I prefer upper way ...

    but I have IE5.01sp2 (browser ONLY - 2Mb!) installed & its fast as
    hell turning it on/off, since is not bloated yet. IMHO IE6 is bloated
    too much (big!) ... IMHO you´ve got an idea ...

    --
    Regards , SPAJKY ®
    mail addr. @ my site @ http://www.spajky.vze.com

  3. Re: Easier way to toggle "Show Pictures" in IE?

    Perfect! Thanks so much! I'm a happy camper.

    &
    > IEmm-YES.reg . (copy/paste between those lines to a text file)
    > Save them somewhere & make shorcut to desktop & add to them at wish a
    > custom icon!
    >
    > Than import them at wish (will ask you to confirm),; to settings to
    > take effect, you need to close & reopen IE!
    >
    > you can use also a batch /minimised window & close on exit

    properties/
    > with command line for example: REGEDIT /S IEmm-NO.reg ...
    > Its a bit slower executing, so I prefer upper way ...
    >
    > but I have IE5.01sp2 (browser ONLY - 2Mb!) installed & its fast as
    > hell turning it on/off, since is not bloated yet. IMHO IE6 is bloated
    > too much (big!) ... IMHO youve got an idea ...
    >
    > --
    > Regards , SPAJKY
    > mail addr. @ my site @ http://www.spajky.vze.com
    > 3rd Ann.: - "Tualatin OC-ed / BX-Slot1 / inaudible setup!"

+ Reply to Thread