solved: Adobe Acrobat AcroRd32.exe 100% CPU - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on solved: Adobe Acrobat AcroRd32.exe 100% CPU - Microsoft Windows ; Dear god this was driving me NUTS. I'm happy to post a solution for the net.knowledgebase. I can't remember the exact progression of things but I ran into some problems with some Acrobat files and pulled the trigger to instal ...

  1. solved: Adobe Acrobat AcroRd32.exe 100% CPU

    Dear god this was driving me NUTS. I'm happy to post a solution for
    the net.knowledgebase.

    I can't remember the exact progression of things but I ran into some
    problems with some Acrobat files and pulled the trigger to instal
    ACrobat 7.0. During that install I think I ran low enough on disk
    space that the "optimizing performance" step aborted. When I opened
    most pdf files after that the cpu would peg near 100% with
    AcroRd32.exe being responsible.

    I completley uninstalled 7.0 and reinstalled after cleaning out some
    diskspace. No help.

    Uninstalled 7.0 again, Installed 6.0, no help.

    Patched up to 6.02 again, no help. Uninstalled 6.02 and went
    acrobatless for a while.

    Finally, I found this helpful tip about Adobe .tmp files possibly
    poluting the drive and causing the issues. Though this is for Acrobat
    6.x it seems to cure ills in 7.0 as well:
    http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/329444.html

    And after doing the suggested ha-whacking of boatloads of leftover
    acrobat tmp files:
    C:\> del acr*.tmp /s

    I then installed 7.0 ... and life it good again. Here's hoping this
    helps someone else. This was on a Win2k sp4 laptop with a Gig of
    memory.

    Best Regards,
    --
    Todd H.
    http://www.toddh.net/

  2. Re: solved: Adobe Acrobat AcroRd32.exe 100% CPU

    Kindlya overlook the copious typos in the prior post. yeesh.

    --
    Todd H.
    http://www.toddh.net/

+ Reply to Thread