Windows Explorer search file contents not working on .sql files. - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Windows Explorer search file contents not working on .sql files. - Microsoft Windows ; Twisted One wrote: > Rebecca wrote: >> Twisted One wrote: >>> Besides, how can you possibly claim that? The newsgroup has a >>> potential audience in the hundreds of millions. You have no way of >>> knowing for sure how ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 24 of 24

  1. Re: Windows Explorer search file contents not working on .sql files.

    Twisted One wrote:
    > Rebecca wrote:
    >> Twisted One wrote:
    >>> Besides, how can you possibly claim that? The newsgroup has a
    >>> potential audience in the hundreds of millions. You have no way of
    >>> knowing for sure how many of those people may or may not have read
    >>> that post without "getting it".

    >> I polled them.

    > You should know that Internet polls are inherently unreliable and
    > unscientific. That is to say, they prove absolutely nothing. Nada.
    > Zip. Zero. Zilch. Responders are self-selecting -- there's bias
    > source #1. Anyone might lie. There's source #2. Unless a lot of
    > hashing and strong crypto is used, errors will creep in from network
    > unreliability, Microsoft software, and other sources. This won't
    > produce a systematic bias, but it will make any results approximate,
    > this destroying any usefulness for making absolute claims rather than
    > "approximately half of our respondents chose Pepto-Bismol over the
    > other leading brand" or whatever. So "Everybody except
    > believes X" and the like are right out. Also, without good crypto,
    > anyone can stuff the ballot box, alter someone else's vote, or
    > otherwise corrupt the process, which is bias source #3. There are
    > probably more bias sources I'm missing, too.

    I found her poll to follow the accepted norms of Scientific polling. I
    doubted her too, but was satisfied after I looked at her techniques and
    data.

    --
    If there is a Tourist Season, how come we can't shoot them?

  2. Re: Windows Explorer search file contents not working on .sql files.

    relic wrote:
    > I found her poll to follow the accepted norms of Scientific polling. I
    > doubted her too, but was satisfied after I looked at her techniques and
    > data.

    OK. Then Rebecca won't mind if I ask her to post here the full
    methodology, data, &c, including error estimates, regression analyses,
    and a mathematically airtight proof that she reached and got answers
    from every person who read that post anywhere on Earth, and indeed will
    not merely "not mind" but comply with said request.

    Well? How about it, Rebecca? I eagerly await the above-requested
    information. Until there's been lots of independent peer review of all
    of those requested items there's nothing scientific about this, after all.

  3. Re: Windows Explorer search file contents not working on .sql files.

    Twisted One wrote:

    > relic wrote:
    > > I found her poll to follow the accepted norms of Scientific
    > > polling. I doubted her too, but was satisfied after I looked at her
    > > techniques and data.

    > OK. Then Rebecca won't mind if I ask her to post here the full
    > methodology, data, &c, including error estimates, regression
    > analyses, and a mathematically airtight proof that she reached and
    > got answers from every person who read that post anywhere on Earth,
    > and indeed will not merely "not mind" but comply with said request.
    >
    > Well? How about it, Rebecca? I eagerly await the above-requested
    > information. Until there's been lots of independent peer review of
    > all of those requested items there's nothing scientific about this,
    > after all.

    Bravo Foxtrot Delta

  4. Re: Windows Explorer search file contents not working on .sql files.

    Toad wrote:
    > Twisted One wrote:
    >
    >> relic wrote:
    >>> I found her poll to follow the accepted norms of Scientific
    >>> polling. I doubted her too, but was satisfied after I looked at her
    >>> techniques and data.

    >> OK. Then Rebecca won't mind if I ask her to post here the full
    >> methodology, data, &c, including error estimates, regression
    >> analyses, and a mathematically airtight proof that she reached and
    >> got answers from every person who read that post anywhere on Earth,
    >> and indeed will not merely "not mind" but comply with said request.
    >>
    >> Well? How about it, Rebecca? I eagerly await the above-requested
    >> information. Until there's been lots of independent peer review of
    >> all of those requested items there's nothing scientific about this,
    >> after all.

    > Bravo Foxtrot Delta

    Big ****ing Deal... say it.

+ Reply to Thread