How to change Folder's default Behavior? - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on How to change Folder's default Behavior? - Microsoft Windows ; Hi, I was doing something with Folder Options in my 2K m/c( I dont remember now). I changed the properties of "File Folder" and "Folder". Now onwards the default behavior of Folders has become "Search", where it should have been ...

  1. How to change Folder's default Behavior?

    Hi,
    I was doing something with Folder Options in my 2K m/c( I dont remember
    now). I changed the properties of "File Folder" and "Folder". Now
    onwards the default behavior of Folders has become "Search", where it
    should have been "Open". So whenevr I do double click, a search window
    comes up. I need to do MB3->Open everytime.

    More of that I cant edit "File Folder" and "Folder" type in Folder
    Options->File Types. I cant "Delete", "Change". (all are grayed out). I
    cant edit an existing options inside "Advance". I am lost somehow.

    Any help will be appreciated.

    Thanks
    Nil

  2. Re: How to change Folder's default Behavior?

    nilanjan.sasmal@lycos.com wrote:

    >I was doing something with Folder Options in my 2K m/c( I dont remember
    >now). I changed the properties of "File Folder" and "Folder". Now
    >onwards the default behavior of Folders has become "Search", where it
    >should have been "Open". So whenevr I do double click, a search window
    >comes up. I need to do MB3->Open everytime.

    See "Search Companion Starts If You Double-Click a Folder"
    (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321186).

    --
    (tm)

+ Reply to Thread