How do I keep XP from reverting to Welcome? - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on How do I keep XP from reverting to Welcome? - Microsoft Windows ; I am running XP Professional with more than one user. Whenever I leave it for a while without activity, it reverts to the Welcome screen and I have to enter my password again. I could set it up so I ...

  1. How do I keep XP from reverting to Welcome?

    I am running XP Professional with more than one user. Whenever I leave
    it for a while without activity, it reverts to the Welcome screen and I
    have to enter my password again. I could set it up so I don't need to
    use the password, but then I would still have to click on my user icon
    to get back in. I have all the power settings set to Never except for
    the monitor which is supposed to go off after 20 minutes. Perhaps that
    is doing it.

  2. Re: How do I keep XP from reverting to Welcome?

    Leonard Evens writes:
    > I am running XP Professional with more than one user. Whenever I
    > leave it for a while without activity, it reverts to the Welcome
    > screen and I have to enter my password again. I could set it up so I
    > don't need to use the password, but then I would still have to click
    > on my user icon to get back in. I have all the power settings set to
    > Never except for the monitor which is supposed to go off after 20
    > minutes. Perhaps that is doing it.

    Check your Display settings in control panel. A screen saver is
    likely kicking in and causing this. These are separate settings
    from the power options.

    --
    Todd H.
    http://www.toddh.net/