Registy key for security - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Registy key for security - Microsoft Windows ; Hi, I want to make registry key which I am going to install on each computer who will have access to my web database (made in mysql and php) so I could secure my database from un authorised access. Can ...

  1. Registy key for security

    Hi,

    I want to make registry key which I am going to install on each computer who
    will have access to my web database (made in mysql and php) so I could
    secure my database from un authorised access.
    Can you help me to do that.
    Thanks

  2. Re: Registy key for security

    Mon, 16 May 2005 15:45:19 +0200, ANSWER:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I want to make registry key which I am going to install on each computer who
    > will have access to my web database (made in mysql and php) so I could
    > secure my database from un authorised access.
    > Can you help me to do that.
    > Thanks

    That depends on how you want to do that. If this web database only has
    a web interface (operated with only by GET and POST commands), then
    this is not possible afaik because the browser itself has no means to
    access the registry. This would be a huge security risk anyway.

    if you want to access the registry, you need an own program that does
    it. I don't know if Java applets can do that. But what the registry is
    to applications, are cookies to the browser. Why not create a page
    where the user enters a password. If it is correct a cookie is set,
    stating that the user is granted access to the database.
    --
    Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
    "All I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by."

+ Reply to Thread