please help: locating Windows XP license code post installation - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on please help: locating Windows XP license code post installation - Microsoft Windows ; Hello, I recently purchased a computer with a non-English version of Windows XP preinstalled on it. I would now like to remove the non-English version of Windows XP and reinstall it on another computer using the same product key. However, ...

  1. please help: locating Windows XP license code post installation

    Hello,

    I recently purchased a computer with a non-English version
    of Windows XP preinstalled on it. I would now like to remove
    the non-English version of Windows XP and reinstall it on
    another computer using the same product key. However, I
    am having trouble locating the place where Windows XP
    displays the product key, or, alternatively, the name
    and location of the ASCII file containing the product
    key on Windows XP Professional if such a file exists.
    The task is made more difficult by the fact that the
    help system itself and everything else is in foreign
    language. Nevertheless, the steps used to locate the
    product key should work the same way on any non-English
    version of Windows XP Professional as they do on the
    English version of Windows XP Professional. Therefore,
    I would sincerely appreciate it if someone could outline
    the steps to display the product key on the English
    version of Windows XP so that I may reproduce them,
    obtain the product key, and reinstall the system.

    Thank you very much for your help,

    Have a nice day,

    Nier

  2. Re: please help: locating Windows XP license code post installation

    I have not tested this:
    "The product key used to install Windows XP is still present on the
    machine in some form but is not readable, to view it you need a tool"
    http://www.mvps.org/marksxp/WindowsXP/prodkey.php

+ Reply to Thread