Hi

I am trying to help a friend, who is for various reasons stuck in the
windoze world, to install and use some libraries I wrote for Unix like
OSes. I need in particular, POSIX functions popen and pclose to be
supported on the OS.

He first downloaded something called "Windows services for Unix" (or
something like that) from microsoft.com. Upon attempting to install it, he
found that the thing does not even install for windows XP home. (No idea if
popen and pclose are supported functions in this M$ product.). Then we
considered cygwin. However, in the online FAQ, popen was not listed as a
function.

Is there some POSIX library (GPL or otherwise) that is available for the OS
he is stuck with and which contains these two functions, or does his only
hope lie in transitioning to a proper OS ?

Thanks.