repair win xp, forget admin password - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on repair win xp, forget admin password - Microsoft Windows ; Apparently when I initially put win xp on this computer I created a password. My MB died and I got a new one and installed it. I went in to repair the win xp so it would detect the new ...

  1. repair win xp, forget admin password

    Apparently when I initially put win xp on this computer I created a
    password.

    My MB died and I got a new one and installed it.

    I went in to repair the win xp so it would detect the new MB and it
    asked me for an administrator password. I put in everything I could
    think of.

    What can I do? Do I have to do a new install? Can I just boot up win xp
    and put in my new setup cd?

    Mike

  2. Re: repair win xp, forget admin password

    "mike" wrote in message
    news:1116121111.900421.235540@g44g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
    > Apparently when I initially put win xp on this computer I created a
    > password.
    >
    > My MB died and I got a new one and installed it.
    >
    > I went in to repair the win xp so it would detect the new MB and it
    > asked me for an administrator password. I put in everything I could
    > think of.
    >
    > What can I do? Do I have to do a new install? Can I just boot up win xp
    > and put in my new setup cd?
    >
    > Mike

  3. Re: repair win xp, forget admin password

    El Quimico wrote:
    > http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/

    So much for the much-vaunted Windows NT sekuritee.

    Oh, and please don't top-post.

  4. Re: repair win xp, forget admin password

    Twisted One writes:
    > El Quimico wrote:
    > > http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/

    > So much for the much-vaunted Windows NT sekuritee.

    Nah, don't get to complacent--give anyone physical access to boot your
    Linux box with a disk of their choosing, and they'll r00t that thing
    too.

    This isn't a Windows thingee, it's a "physical access" thingee. This
    is why servers get locked in restricted access rooms. IBM Thinkpads
    with the integrated security subsystem with the fingerprint readers
    are abou the only boxes where you've got some very serious hurdles
    even with physical access.

    Best Regards,
    --
    Todd H.