Moving SWAP from C to D drive? - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Moving SWAP from C to D drive? - Microsoft Windows ; Hello, A friend wants to move his swap file from the C drive to the D to save disk space on his too small, old pc. Any dangers in doing this he should be made aware of? Is it just ...

  1. Moving SWAP from C to D drive?

    Hello,

    A friend wants to move his swap file from the C drive to the D to save disk
    space on his too small, old pc.

    Any dangers in doing this he should be made aware of? Is it just a matter of
    Control Panel-> System -> Performance and selecting the D drive for the virtual
    memory?

    He is using Windows ME.

    Many thanks in advance...

    .... Bob

  2. Re: Moving SWAP from C to D drive?

    Bob wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > A friend wants to move his swap file from the C drive to the D to
    > save disk space on his too small, old pc.
    >
    > Any dangers in doing this he should be made aware of? Is it just a
    > matter of Control Panel-> System -> Performance and selecting the D
    > drive for the virtual memory?
    >
    > He is using Windows ME.

    No problem at all. I always do it on my systems.

  3. Re: Moving SWAP from C to D drive?

    John of Aix wrote:
    > Bob wrote:
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> A friend wants to move his swap file from the C drive to the D to
    >> save disk space on his too small, old pc.
    >>
    >> Any dangers in doing this he should be made aware of? Is it just a
    >> matter of Control Panel-> System -> Performance and selecting the D
    >> drive for the virtual memory?
    >>
    >> He is using Windows ME.

    > No problem at all. I always do it on my systems.

    just be aware it's a little slower, assuming the C and D are partitions on
    the same physical disk.

+ Reply to Thread