Terminal Font - where is it? - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Terminal Font - where is it? - Microsoft Windows ; Hello, does anyone know what the file of the font "Terminal" is called? I can't find such a file in the fonts folder, but would very much like to copy it to my PDA to use it in its command ...

  1. Terminal Font - where is it?

    Hello,

    does anyone know what the file of the font "Terminal" is called? I
    can't find such a file in the fonts folder, but would very much like
    to copy it to my PDA to use it in its command console, because it is
    very well suited for such small displays.

    Thanks in advance
    --
    Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
    "All I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by."

  2. Re: Terminal Font - where is it?

    Frank Steinmetzger <"Warp_7@"@gmx.de> writes:

    > Hello,
    >
    > does anyone know what the file of the font "Terminal" is called? I
    > can't find such a file in the fonts folder, but would very much like
    > to copy it to my PDA to use it in its command console, because it is
    > very well suited for such small displays.
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    These two on my win2k box show up with the name Terminal when
    previewed. I found em in control panel>fonts

    MS-DOS CP 437 app932.fon
    MS-DOS CP 949 app949.fon

    Best Regards,
    --
    Todd H.
    http://www.toddh.net/

  3. Re: Terminal Font - where is it?

    11 May 2005 09:18:57 -0500, Todd H.:

    > Frank Steinmetzger <"Warp_7@"@gmx.de> writes:
    >
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> does anyone know what the file of the font "Terminal" is called? I
    >> can't find such a file in the fonts folder, but would very much like
    >> to copy it to my PDA to use it in its command console, because it is
    >> very well suited for such small displays.
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance

    > These two on my win2k box show up with the name Terminal when
    > previewed. I found em in control panel>fonts
    >
    > MS-DOS CP 437 app932.fon
    > MS-DOS CP 949 app949.fon
    >
    > Best Regards,

    Thanks for your reply.
    thanks to a little jiggling with attrib I managed to copy them. Though
    I didn't have these particular numbers, I found plenty of files in
    various sizes. I'll check them out this evening when I can transfer
    them to my device. I hope it can cope with .fon files.
    --
    Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
    "All I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by."
    http://www.stud.tu-ilmenau.de/~frst-ii/

  4. Re: Terminal Font - where is it?

    Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > does anyone know what the file of the font "Terminal" is called? I
    > can't find such a file in the fonts folder, but would very much like
    > to copy it to my PDA to use it in its command console, because it is
    > very well suited for such small displays.
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    also try the 'small fonts' one.

  5. Re: Terminal Font - where is it?

    13 May 2005 11:47:15 -0700, bigcat@meeow.co.uk:

    > Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> does anyone know what the file of the font "Terminal" is called? I
    >> can't find such a file in the fonts folder, but would very much like
    >> to copy it to my PDA to use it in its command console, because it is
    >> very well suited for such small displays.
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance

    > also try the 'small fonts' one.

    Sadly, it doesn't support fon-files, only ttf. I tried Bitstream Vera
    Sans Mono that I presumably got with Thunderbird. This looks nice at
    lower sizes.
    --
    Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
    "All I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by."
    http://www.stud.tu-ilmenau.de/~frst-ii/

+ Reply to Thread