I was abroad, when I came back, the office workes told me one Win2k
(sp4) PC stopped working. So I used the Win2k setup CD to revive it
(with its OS repair option) and everything seemed to be back to normal,
except when I try to use windows explorer- whenever I (left) click on
any folder, it terminates with no error message. in "My computer"
browsing however, works, that is what's strange about it.

I have tried:

1. MS article 883791, "Explorer.exe repeatedly quits unexpectedly in
Windows XP" but the 'explorer' folder in 'policies' branch doesn't
exist. I created it anyway and set the UseDesktopIniCache to 0 as
suggested. Anyway I have windows 2000.

2. re-Installed Win2k SP4

3. Looked in the system/app/security events- nothing relevant.

4. uninstalled internet explorer and reinstalled + winupdate

5. scanned with Ad-Aware, Spybot S&D and Windows malicious software
tool.

6. tried to disable all explorer shell extensions using shellexview
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/shellexview.html

7. killed all possible processes with

8. plucked hair out!

None of the above semeed to impress the problem...

Thanks for suggestions.