Error - Task Scheduler is not running (it is) - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Error - Task Scheduler is not running (it is) - Microsoft Windows ; Hi, I put some events in the Task Scheduler, Enabled them, and selected "Start Using Task Scheduler. I also selected "Notify Me of Missed Tasks." I rebooted today and got the following error message during bootup "Some tasks were missed ...

  1. Error - Task Scheduler is not running (it is)

    Hi,

    I put some events in the Task Scheduler, Enabled them, and selected
    "Start Using Task Scheduler. I also selected "Notify Me of Missed
    Tasks." I rebooted today and got the following error message during
    bootup "Some tasks were missed because the task scheduler service was
    not running..." A task should have ran last night. The taskmanager
    status says "Missed," and the log says:

    Some tasks may not have executed at their scheduled times between
    5/1/05 1:00:01 AM and 5/10/05 2:17:37 PM, either because the Task
    Scheduler Service was not running, or because the computer was
    hibernating.
    "Task Scheduler Service"
    Started at 5/10/05 2:17:37 PM

    The Task Scheduler icon is visible, and appears at bootup.
    System Information -> Running Tasks shows mstask.exe and taskmon.exe
    are running. The O/S is Windows 98SE.

    The computer was not turned off, and there is no "hibernating" mode.
    (The standard Windows screensaver is running, and Power Setting ->
    Standby/Turn off Monitor/Turn off Hard Disk are all set to Never.)

    This has happened twice now, an none of the tasks are running.

    Any ideas on why the tasks are not running?

  2. Re: Error - Task Scheduler is not running (it is)

    Apparently is a bug related to Internet Explorer 5.

    When you install an Active Desktop item and view the schedule in the
    properties of that item, the items that are scheduled to run using Task
    Scheduler may not run. Workwround is reboot. Try to not look items
    properties, reboot if properties dialog was used. I suggest update
    Internet Explorer.

    Look at http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;230517

    Good luck,

    Daniel
    Interdesigner Software Development

    http://www.interdesigner.com
    http://www.comparatorfast.com
    http://www.networkclipboard.com
    http://www.shutdowntools.com

    ICQ # 61133529

  3. Re: Error - Task Scheduler is not running (it is)

    wrote in message
    news:1115750744.647563.113080@o13g2000cwo.googlegr oups.com...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I put some events in the Task Scheduler, Enabled them, and selected
    > "Start Using Task Scheduler. I also selected "Notify Me of Missed
    > Tasks." I rebooted today and got the following error message during
    > bootup "Some tasks were missed because the task scheduler service was
    > not running..." A task should have ran last night. The taskmanager
    > status says "Missed," and the log says:
    >
    > Some tasks may not have executed at their scheduled times between
    > 5/1/05 1:00:01 AM and 5/10/05 2:17:37 PM, either because the Task
    > Scheduler Service was not running, or because the computer was
    > hibernating.
    > "Task Scheduler Service"
    > Started at 5/10/05 2:17:37 PM
    >
    > The Task Scheduler icon is visible, and appears at bootup.
    > System Information -> Running Tasks shows mstask.exe and taskmon.exe
    > are running. The O/S is Windows 98SE.
    >
    > The computer was not turned off, and there is no "hibernating" mode.
    > (The standard Windows screensaver is running, and Power Setting ->
    > Standby/Turn off Monitor/Turn off Hard Disk are all set to Never.)
    >
    > This has happened twice now, an none of the tasks are running.
    >
    > Any ideas on why the tasks are not running?

    The log states that Task Scheduler failed between 1st May and 10th May (or 5th January
    and 5th October in UK notation). Therefore one or more tasks within this period is
    causing the actual problem -- not Task Scheduler itself. But you failed to mention
    anything about the actual the tasks you were attempting to run. What are the command
    lines? Were they PIF files? BATs? EXEs? What????

  4. Re: Error - Task Scheduler is not running (it is)

    groups@interdesigner.com wrote:
    > Apparently is a bug related to Internet Explorer 5.
    >
    > When you install an Active Desktop item and view the schedule in the
    > properties of that item, the items that are scheduled to run using Task
    > Scheduler may not run. Workwround is reboot. Try to not look items
    > properties, reboot if properties dialog was used. I suggest update
    > Internet Explorer.

    This has to be the stupidest M$ bug I've yet heard of, and that's saying
    a lot.

  5. Re: Error - Task Scheduler is not running (it is)

    >Apparently is a bug related to Internet Explorer 5.

    I am using Internet Explorer 6.0, but thanks for the idea.

  6. Re: Error - Task Scheduler is not running (it is)

    >The log states that Task Scheduler failed between 1st May and 10th May
    (or 5th January
    >and 5th October in UK notation). Therefore one or more tasks within

    this period is
    >causing the actual problem -- not Task Scheduler itself. But you

    failed to mention
    >anything about the actual the tasks you were attempting to run. What

    are the command
    >lines? Were they PIF files? BATs? EXEs? What????

    Norton Speed Disk:
    C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~1\SD32.EXE /F
    Windows Maintenance:
    C:\WINDOWS\CLEANMGR.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\SCANDSKW.EXE

    The tasks are sheduled early AM on different days.

  7. Re: Error - Task Scheduler is not running (it is)

    richard_m919@hotmail.com wrote in article news:1115825638.786840.81150
    @g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

    >>Apparently is a bug related to Internet Explorer 5.

    > I am using Internet Explorer 6.0, but thanks for the idea.

    The bug could very well still exist in IE 6. Since they build a new version
    off of the previous one, at least some of the bugs get carried over.

    --
    nilrem112@netzero.com -> The wizard's name is spelled backwards.
    http://webpages.charter.net/merlin112/

    Anything not nailed down is mine.
    Anything I can pry loose is not nailed down.

+ Reply to Thread