Commercial apps for Windows & other systems - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Commercial apps for Windows & other systems - Microsoft Windows ; Hi, I know this is not the best place to ask, but the closest other newsgroup to the topic would be an advocacy one, where you can't really get any serious answers. I'm looking for a study report or an ...

  1. Commercial apps for Windows & other systems

    Hi,

    I know this is not the best place to ask, but the closest other newsgroup to
    the topic would be an advocacy one, where you can't really get any serious
    answers.

    I'm looking for a study report or an article about the ammount of
    *commercial* applications that are produced for Windows and
    for other systems, like Linux (eg. in percentage, ratio win/linux etc.).
    Here "commercial" means that the producer wants money for the product, so
    for instance shareware would count in, but not freeware.
    The obvious answer would be that most of the commercial software is created
    for Windows, but I need a written proof, even if it's a sponsored article.

    thanks
    SM

  2. Re: Commercial apps for Windows & other systems

    Hi

    That's a very wide open Q. You'll perhaps be better off using Google's

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    Please reply to the News Groups

    "SM" wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I know this is not the best place to ask, but the closest other newsgroup
    > the topic would be an advocacy one, where you can't really get any serious
    > answers.
    >
    > I'm looking for a study report or an article about the ammount of
    > *commercial* applications that are produced for Windows and
    > for other systems, like Linux (eg. in percentage, ratio win/linux etc.).
    > Here "commercial" means that the producer wants money for the product, so
    > for instance shareware would count in, but not freeware.
    > The obvious answer would be that most of the commercial software is
    > created
    > for Windows, but I need a written proof, even if it's a sponsored article.
    >
    > thanks
    > SM

+ Reply to Thread