Redraw extremely slow but CPU usage meter low - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Redraw extremely slow but CPU usage meter low - Microsoft Windows ; My Windows 2000 machine sometimes suddenly becomes extremely slow to switch between windows. However the CPU meter is not showing any tasks using CPU time. It happens rarely but the only way to fix seems to be to log off. ...

  1. Redraw extremely slow but CPU usage meter low

    My Windows 2000 machine sometimes suddenly becomes extremely slow to
    switch between windows. However the CPU meter is not showing any tasks
    using CPU time. It happens rarely but the only way to fix seems to be
    to log off. I've run virus checkers. Is there any way to diagnose
    what's going on?

    Thank you!
    -Ed

  2. Re: Redraw extremely slow but CPU usage meter low

    Probably some application improperly interacting with the GUI. If you can isolate it to one application run it at low priority. Turn off performance boost for foreground applications.

    --
    Mike Walsh
    West Palm Beach, Florida, U.S.A.

+ Reply to Thread