change the size of the windows - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on change the size of the windows - Microsoft Windows ; hallo, this is really awful ! whenever I open a new page in internet, the right scroll-bar doesn't fit into the window, so I have to move the window or change its size. I want to make this changed size ...

  1. change the size of the windows

    hallo,

    this is really awful !
    whenever I open a new page in internet, the right scroll-bar
    doesn't fit into the window, so I have to move the window or change
    its size.

    I want to make this changed size _permanent_

    how ?

  2. Re: change the size of the windows

    elisaqq@aol.com (elisaqq) wrote:

    >whenever I open a new page in internet, the right scroll-bar
    >doesn't fit into the window, so I have to move the window or change
    >its size.
    >
    >I want to make this changed size _permanent_

    Press CTRL while you close the window.

    --
    (tm)

  3. Re: change the size of the windows

    Thorsten Matzner wrote in message news:...
    > elisaqq@aol.com (elisaqq) wrote:
    >
    > >whenever I open a new page in internet, the right scroll-bar
    > >doesn't fit into the window, so I have to move the window or change
    > >its size.
    > >
    > >I want to make this changed size _permanent_

    > Press CTRL while you close the window.

    I tried that, but nothing changed.
    Other suggestions ? (please !)

  4. Re: change the size of the windows

    elisaqq@aol.com (elisaqq) writes:

    > Thorsten Matzner wrote in message news:...
    > > elisaqq@aol.com (elisaqq) wrote:
    > >
    > > >whenever I open a new page in internet, the right scroll-bar
    > > >doesn't fit into the window, so I have to move the window or change
    > > >its size.
    > > >
    > > >I want to make this changed size _permanent_

    > > Press CTRL while you close the window.

    > I tried that, but nothing changed.
    > Other suggestions ? (please !)

    This may be a nutty suggestion, but just to rule it out... have you
    adjusted your monitor's size with the buttons on the monitor itself to
    make sure that the rightmost side of the desktop isn't off in
    non-viewable land? I run at 1280x1024 resolution and my monitor's
    horizontal size has been adjusted correctly.

    What resolution are you running at? If it's something like 640x480 or
    800x600 or something, you may be screwed, I'm not sure. You can see
    at Start>Settings>Controlpanel>Display>Settings

    Under Win2k, at least, the size of my Internet Explorer window and
    Mozilla for that matter come up to the same size and location I left
    it when I last closed it either with the X icon or File>Close. If
    youres is not doing that, it may be worth checking for spyware and
    malware. It's possible that a browser hijacking program has mucked
    with your browser to the point that it's not behaving As It
    Should(tm).

    Best Regards,
    --
    Todd H.
    http://www.toddh.net/

  5. Re: change the size of the windows

    12 May 2005 07:32:07 -0700, elisaqq:

    > Thorsten Matzner wrote in message news:...
    >> elisaqq@aol.com (elisaqq) wrote:
    >>
    >>>whenever I open a new page in internet, the right scroll-bar
    >>>doesn't fit into the window, so I have to move the window or change
    >>>its size.
    >>>
    >>>I want to make this changed size _permanent_

    >> Press CTRL while you close the window.

    > I tried that, but nothing changed.
    > Other suggestions ? (please !)

    I suppose you were talking about (Internet) Explorer. If it doesn't
    store the new window size, try this way of mine:

    open it, resize it and immediately close it again without doing
    anything else.

    If this doesn't help you can also try deleting the respective data
    from the registry under:
    MKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Document Windows
    --
    Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
    "All I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by."

  6. Re: change the size of the windows

    I solved the problem.
    But maybe it only works with AOL.

    press the top left icon of the window
    press Größe ändern (change size)
    change the size with the mouse
    then Press:
    "Fenster" (window) on the top-bar
    "Größe und Position beibehalten" (keep size and position)

+ Reply to Thread