spooler service / server 2000 - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on spooler service / server 2000 - Microsoft Windows ; Hi all, I really need an advice. I am running a Windows 2000 server and there is printer I want to delete because it has the same IP address with another printer and I dont know how that happend. I ...

  1. spooler service / server 2000

    Hi all,
    I really need an advice. I am running a Windows 2000 server and there
    is printer I want to delete because it has the same IP address with
    another printer and I dont know how that happend. I tried to delete the
    printer but there is a print job in the queue which also will not
    delete or cancel. so I went to spooler and the file is there.
    I was advised to stop the spooler service and delete the file in the
    system32/spool/printers . when i tent to stop the spooler service , it
    prompt me that the spooler is has 2 programs depend on it called CANON
    NETSPOT SUITE SERVICE and it would stop too. I clicked ok. but now the
    spooler wont stop but the CANON service is saying it is 'stopping' but
    it is not doing anything.
    I dont know how this affects the other printers. Anyone know how to
    solve this problem...I really dont want to reboot the server pc. I
    would appriciate any comments and suggestions..
    Thanks from now,
    Hale

  2. Re: spooler service / server 2000

    halec wrote:
    > I dont know how this affects the other printers. Anyone know how to
    > solve this problem...I really dont want to reboot the server pc. I
    > would appriciate any comments and suggestions..

    You probably have to. To make sure it's the only time you have to again,
    you would be advised to load Ubuntu or some such OS onto it. Linux boxes
    make great print/file servers with Samba, and don't go into weird
    failure modes anything like as often as 'doze boxes do.

    --
    http://www.crisispapers.org/Editorials/germany-1933.htm
    Reichstag fire -> 9/11

+ Reply to Thread