svchost.exe, too many CPU consumption - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on svchost.exe, too many CPU consumption - Microsoft Windows ; I have a Intel 1.6 Full cache with WinXP. In my Win. Task manager, I have a svchost.exe running under the name of SYSTEM. (in the other users but admin, It run's under the users name usually.) This process take ...

  1. svchost.exe, too many CPU consumption

    I have a Intel 1.6 Full cache with WinXP.
    In my Win. Task manager, I have a svchost.exe running under the name of
    SYSTEM. (in the other users but admin, It run's under the users name
    usually.) This process take the cpu process, at all.
    I searched on my computer and found two copies of the svchost.exe:
    1- E:\Windows\svchost.exe
    2- e:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe
    When I searched in the net about this, I found that the first one is
    the real. So I cleaned the first and related files in the
    Windows\Prefetch directory. I removed the related entries in the
    registry. but the process runs again and again. I do not know where the
    startup place is for this program.

    Anyway, I do not know about the file reality. It's size differs with
    the latter. It runs and make my cpu bussy.

    Is this file real or it is a worm or virus ?
    How can I remove this problems, I said.

    Best Regards,

  2. Re: svchost.exe, too many CPU consumption

    Dear Josh,
    I have found the virus.
    It is a kind of Blaster I think. ( It runs under the svchost.exe cover
    and with the name of RpcSs. When I kill the process coz the system
    prompt for shut-down. I can close the shut-down prompt with shutdown
    -a.)
    Anyway, I found some entries to the Virus in the registry.
    Because of the Real RPCSS service, I don't know what entries should
    stay and what should remove. How can I solve this problem?

    Amir

  3. Re: svchost.exe, too many CPU consumption

    4 May 2005 05:53:49 -0700, amir:

    > Dear Josh,
    > I have found the virus.
    > It is a kind of Blaster I think. ( It runs under the svchost.exe cover
    > and with the name of RpcSs. When I kill the process coz the system
    > prompt for shut-down. I can close the shut-down prompt with shutdown
    > -a.)
    > Anyway, I found some entries to the Virus in the registry.
    > Because of the Real RPCSS service, I don't know what entries should
    > stay and what should remove. How can I solve this problem?
    >
    > Amir

    If I remember correctly, there are programs that clean the computer
    from a blaster virus, as well as sasser and the like. I can't give you
    a name (it's loong ago when I had it), but you should find it quickly
    via you least untrusted search engine.
    --
    Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
    "All I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by."

  4. Re: svchost.exe, too many CPU consumption

    > I have found the virus.
    > It is a kind of Blaster I think. ( It runs under the svchost.exe cover
    > and with the name of RpcSs. When I kill the process coz the system
    > prompt for shut-down. I can close the shut-down prompt with shutdown
    > -a.)

    If you can`t stay online long enough to download Sysclean from Trend,
    grab CLRAV from here: ftp://ftp.kaspersky.com/utils/

    KLWK is a variant that does a couple of other viruses, so it might be
    worth trying both...

  5. Re: svchost.exe, too many CPU consumption

    Dear Friends,
    I reviewed my system. There is some problem with windows, I think.
    Therefore, I studied many in different sites about svchost.exe and I
    searched arround in my system for signs for infection.

    Just, I know one thing:
    - My svchost.exe sometimes runs the "PowerManager" service and it
    consumes the CPU 100%. When the service loaded all my cpu go down.

    Best,
    Amir

  6. Re: svchost.exe, too many CPU consumption

    Dear Colin,
    I used the utility you proposed. It was good, but Nothing found.
    Anyway, I will continue to solve my problem before the CPU crash
    Thanks,
    Amir

+ Reply to Thread