Norton Antivirus 2004 - Full System Scan not working - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Norton Antivirus 2004 - Full System Scan not working - Microsoft Windows ; I am just re-installed Norton Antivirus 2004. Initially I could not live update. And now after reinstallatin, I have having trouble with the full system scan - It does not work. When I click on 'Scan' or 'Scan my computer' ...

  1. Norton Antivirus 2004 - Full System Scan not working

    I am just re-installed Norton Antivirus 2004. Initially I could not
    live update. And now after reinstallatin, I have having trouble with
    the full system scan - It does not work. When I click on 'Scan' or
    'Scan my computer' nothing happens. Does anybody know why? I don't
    want to reinstall and go over the whole process again since it takes a
    lot of time (especially the restart procedures)? How can I fix this
    problem?

    Thanks,
    genenamg

  2. Re: Norton Antivirus 2004 - Full System Scan not working

    > I am just re-installed Norton Antivirus 2004. Initially I could not
    > live update. And now after reinstallatin, I have having trouble with
    > the full system scan - It does not work.

    Nortons' detection stinks in my experience - try a free AV instead...

  3. Re: Norton Antivirus 2004 - Full System Scan not working

    skrev i melding
    news:1115084096.424161.237780@f14g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
    >I am just re-installed Norton Antivirus 2004. Initially I could not
    > live update. And now after reinstallatin, I have having trouble with
    > the full system scan - It does not work. When I click on 'Scan' or
    > 'Scan my computer' nothing happens. Does anybody know why? I don't
    > want to reinstall and go over the whole process again since it takes a
    > lot of time (especially the restart procedures)? How can I fix this
    > problem?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > genenamg

    I had the same problem, found out that it was Norton's
    registration/activation that caused the problem. Norton antivirus didn't see
    the program as a legitimate copy.

  4. Re: Norton Antivirus 2004 - Full System Scan not working

    Martin Langsholt wrote:
    > skrev i melding
    > news:1115084096.424161.237780@f14g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
    >
    >>I am just re-installed Norton Antivirus 2004. Initially I could not
    >>live update. And now after reinstallatin, I have having trouble with
    >>the full system scan - It does not work. When I click on 'Scan' or
    >>'Scan my computer' nothing happens. Does anybody know why? I don't
    >>want to reinstall and go over the whole process again since it takes a
    >>lot of time (especially the restart procedures)? How can I fix this
    >>problem?
    >>
    >>Thanks,
    >>genenamg

    > I had the same problem, found out that it was Norton's
    > registration/activation that caused the problem. Norton antivirus didn't see
    > the program as a legitimate copy.

    Norton is a piece of ****. Especially, though not solely, due to the
    activation and other evil control-freak "features".

    You may wish to complain at the GripeLog
    (http://www.gripe2ed.com/scoop/) -- Norton/Symantec products, and
    products with activation, are a recurring theme there!