norton and ms messenger at startup - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on norton and ms messenger at startup - Microsoft Windows ; I have win XP, 1.7g cpu, and 500meg mem. On start up it takes a couple minutes for norton internet security and ms messenger to load their icons to the task bar. I tried triming down what loads with MSConfig, ...

  1. norton and ms messenger at startup

    I have win XP, 1.7g cpu, and 500meg mem. On start up it takes a couple
    minutes for norton internet security and ms messenger to load their
    icons to the task bar. I tried triming down what loads with MSConfig,
    but it hs no effect. Anyone know what is going on here and what I need
    to do?

    Thanks so much
    ez

  2. Re: norton and ms messenger at startup

    You need to see if they are on the Services list. Go to Control
    Panel>Administrative Tools>Services. Scroll down the list until you
    reach Norton and MS Messenger. Right click them, then click Properties.
    Look for a menu that says: "Start this service:", and click the menu
    and set it to Manual. Hopefully this will work!

+ Reply to Thread