how do I place seperate windows xp on two different partitions - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on how do I place seperate windows xp on two different partitions - Microsoft Windows ; I have a laptop that I would like to have two seperate win os on seperate partitions. I already have win xp on main c partition but will not let me load xp on d partition, (will not allow be ...

  1. how do I place seperate windows xp on two different partitions

    I have a laptop that I would like to have two seperate win os on
    seperate partitions. I already have win xp on main c partition but will
    not let me load xp on d partition, (will not allow be to boot from win
    xp cd) trying to start cd from xp I get (newer os installed) I quess
    from the updates. Need to do this because admin makes it unusable to
    perform home operations with present os.
    ANy ideas ?
    thanks

  2. Re: how do I place seperate windows xp on two different partitions

    josh00@comcast.net wrote:

    >I have a laptop that I would like to have two seperate win os on
    >seperate partitions.

    I would use a third-party boot managing tool for this.

    --
    (tm)

  3. Re: how do I place seperate windows xp on two different partitions

    If it was WinNT it would be easy to do, but from what I have read in various newsgroups it is difficult with WinXP to do parallel installations and impossible to reassign drive letters to boot and OS partitions.

    --
    Mike Walsh
    West Palm Beach, Florida, U.S.A.

+ Reply to Thread