disable ActiveX warning - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on disable ActiveX warning - Microsoft Windows ; I have an HTML file containing some JScript that creates a "WScript.Shell" ActiveX object. When it loads, Internet Explorer says: "An ActiveX control on this page might be unsafe to interact with other parts of the page. Do you want ...

  1. disable ActiveX warning

    I have an HTML file containing some JScript that creates a
    "WScript.Shell" ActiveX object. When it loads, Internet Explorer
    says:

    "An ActiveX control on this page might be unsafe
    to interact with other parts of the page. Do you
    want to allow this interaction?"

    I would like to suppress this message, but even when I set all
    ActiveX-related security settings to "Enable", it still appears.

    I also tried to add this file to the Trusted Sites zone. When I
    clicked Add, it said, "You have entered an invalid wildcard sequence."
    (I did not use any wildcards.)

    I'm using IE 6 on Windows XP (without SP2). The file in question
    resides on the local hard drive.

    How can I get rid of the message?

    Thanks in advance,
    Steve

  2. Re: disable ActiveX warning

    Steven Kobes wrote:

    > I'm using IE 6 on Windows XP (without SP2). The file in question
    > resides on the local hard drive.
    >
    > How can I get rid of the message?

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/a...taoverview.asp

    ciao, dhgm

  3. Re: disable ActiveX warning

    Also, here is an article that gives a general overview of this behaviour and
    a few things you can do:

    http://www.phdcc.com/xpsp2.htm

    "Steven Kobes" wrote in message
    >I have an HTML file containing some JScript that creates a
    > "WScript.Shell" ActiveX object. When it loads, Internet Explorer
    > says:
    >
    > "An ActiveX control on this page might be unsafe
    > to interact with other parts of the page. Do you
    > want to allow this interaction?"
    >
    > I would like to suppress this message, but even when I set all
    > ActiveX-related security settings to "Enable", it still appears.
    >
    > I also tried to add this file to the Trusted Sites zone. When I
    > clicked Add, it said, "You have entered an invalid wildcard sequence."
    > (I did not use any wildcards.)
    >
    > I'm using IE 6 on Windows XP (without SP2). The file in question
    > resides on the local hard drive.
    >
    > How can I get rid of the message?
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Steve