win 98 boot without a floppy - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on win 98 boot without a floppy - Microsoft Windows ; i have an ibm t-20 laptop that doesnt have a floppy drive and i am wondering if it is possible to creat a cd that will boot so i can install windows 98. is there any wasy to do this?...

  1. win 98 boot without a floppy

    i have an ibm t-20 laptop that doesnt have a floppy drive and i am
    wondering if it is possible to creat a cd that will boot so i can
    install windows 98. is there any wasy to do this?

  2. Re: win 98 boot without a floppy

    > i have an ibm t-20 laptop that doesnt have a floppy drive and i am
    > wondering if it is possible to creat a cd that will boot so i can
    > install windows 98. is there any wasy to do this?

    Some windows cds will boot anyway, so that's worth a shot first.

    Failing that, you might be able to get away with something from
    www.bootdisk.com or google for Hirens Boot CD - it`ll probably let you
    get as far as booting from floppy to a DOS command prompt, and from there
    you can copy the win98 install dir across to the HD.

  3. Re: win 98 boot without a floppy

    it originaly had linux on it. will that complicate anything?

  4. Re: win 98 boot without a floppy

    > it originaly had linux on it. will that complicate anything?

    I wouldn`t have thought so if you can manage to wipe the boot block /
    partition table of the drive, and reformat it...