Looking for video chat recommendations - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Looking for video chat recommendations - Microsoft Windows ; I am looking to buy a webcam and start video chatting. So far, my "research" into video chatting software has turned up a rather wide variety of opnions on the various available video chat software packages. I am running Windows ...

  1. Looking for video chat recommendations

    I am looking to buy a webcam and start video chatting.

    So far, my "research" into video chatting software has turned up a
    rather wide variety of opnions on the various available video chat
    software packages.

    I am running Windows XP.

    I was wondering if anyone out there has any experiences, bad and good,
    they could share pertaining to video chat software.

    What about "MSN Messanger" ? Is it worth using for video chatting ?

    Also does anyone know of some video chat rooms for technical discussions
    about the world of computers ?

  2. Re: Looking for video chat recommendations

    surfer dude wrote:
    > I am looking to buy a webcam and start video chatting.
    >
    > So far, my "research" into video chatting software has turned up a
    > rather wide variety of opnions on the various available video chat
    > software packages.
    >
    > I am running Windows XP.

    Oops.

    > What about "MSN Messanger" ? Is it worth using for video chatting ?

    If the "MS" at the start of the name doesn't stand for "Microsoft", it
    might be.