DOS Application Only Half Screen - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on DOS Application Only Half Screen - Microsoft Windows ; Hello, At work we're running Windows XP. I have a DOS application that only uses half the screen, when I want it to use the full screen, naturally. I picked up enough to realize I can change it to full ...

  1. DOS Application Only Half Screen

    Hello,

    At work we're running Windows XP. I have a DOS application that only
    uses half the screen, when I want it to use the full screen, naturally.
    I picked up enough to realize I can change it to full screen when I
    right-click on the title bar of the appication window, select
    properties, then change display options from "Window" to "Full Screen".
    This does the trick, but the next time I go into this application,
    it's back to half-screen. After I make the change, I get a dialog box
    that allows me to apply these properties to future windows with the
    same title. But for whatever reason, this change does not save. Does
    anyone have any ideas why this change does not save for future
    sessions?

    Thank you.

    Carroll Rinehart

  2. Re: DOS Application Only Half Screen

    As a followup, I note that the properties for the DOS application's
    icon show that it's set to "full screen" and not "window", but after I
    open the application and right-click on the title bar for the
    application, it shows that it's set to "window". Go figure. I can
    change it to full screen, and for that session it remains full-screen,
    but I can't save this setting and it's right back to where it was
    (half-screen).

    Carroll Rinehart

  3. Re: DOS Application Only Half Screen

    Carroll wrote:

    > As a followup, I note that the properties for the DOS application's
    > icon show that it's set to "full screen" and not "window", but after I
    > open the application and right-click on the title bar for the
    > application, it shows that it's set to "window". Go figure. I can
    > change it to full screen, and for that session it remains full-screen,
    > but I can't save this setting and it's right back to where it was
    > (half-screen).
    >
    > Carroll Rinehart

    Carroll,

    Can't you make a PIF-file, that is creat shortcut to an MS-DOS program
    and set the properties there, in the shortcut? Normally they are
    automatically created when you first run the program, so maybe you've
    tried this already...
    I've tried this for my command.com on Windows 2000 and this works fine.

    Wimmy

  4. Re: DOS Application Only Half Screen

    Wimmy,

    I think you may have something there. It's been a while since I fooled
    with PIF files, but I think that is the answer.

    Thanks,

    Carroll Rinehart

+ Reply to Thread