Any good 3rd part file managers? - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Any good 3rd part file managers? - Microsoft Windows ; Hi All, Does anyone have a favorite third party (non-microsoft) file manager that they would recommend? (One that does not crash a lot and does not pick up third party tools bars full of spyware.) Many thanks, --Tony -- ------------------------- ...

  1. Any good 3rd part file managers?

    --
    -------------------------
    I Fish. Therefore, I am.

  2. Re: Any good 3rd part file managers?

    On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 17:53:39 -0700, Anthony Ewell
    wrote:

    >Hi All,
    >
    > Does anyone have a favorite third party (non-microsoft)
    >file manager that they would recommend? (One that does not
    >crash a lot and does not pick up third party tools bars
    >full of spyware.)
    >
    >Many thanks,
    >--Tony

    My favorite Windows program is PowerDesk. The vendor seems to have
    changed hands a couple of times since I obtained it several years ago. I
    found the following:

    http://www.v-com.com/product/PowerDesk_Pro_Home.html

  3. Re: Any good 3rd part file managers?

    On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 00:56:35 GMT, ax810@lafn.org (Clifford Stern) wrote:

    >My favorite Windows program is PowerDesk. The vendor seems to have
    >changed hands a couple of times since I obtained it several years ago. I
    >found the following:
    >
    >http://www.v-com.com/product/PowerDesk_Pro_Home.html

    On the other hand, check this site for a free version:

    http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/fil...id,3491,00.asp

  4. Re: Any good 3rd part file managers?

    Clifford Stern wrote:
    > My favorite Windows program is PowerDesk.

    Hrm -- mine is the uninstaller.

  5. Re: Any good 3rd part file managers?

    Clifford Stern wrote:
    > On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 00:56:35 GMT, ax810@lafn.org (Clifford Stern) wrote:
    >

    >>My favorite Windows program is PowerDesk. The vendor seems to have
    >>changed hands a couple of times since I obtained it several years ago. I
    >>found the following:
    >>
    >>http://www.v-com.com/product/PowerDesk_Pro_Home.html

    > On the other hand, check this site for a free version:
    >
    > http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/fil...id,3491,00.asp

    Thank you! :-)

    --Tony

    --
    -------------------------
    I Fish. Therefore, I am.

  6. Re: Any good 3rd part file managers?

    Anthony Ewell wrote:
    > Clifford Stern wrote:
    >
    >> On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 00:56:35 GMT, ax810@lafn.org (Clifford Stern) wrote:
    >>

    >>> My favorite Windows program is PowerDesk. The vendor seems to have
    >>> changed hands a couple of times since I obtained it several years ago. I
    >>> found the following:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.v-com.com/product/PowerDesk_Pro_Home.html

    >> On the other hand, check this site for a free version:
    >>
    >> http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/fil...id,3491,00.asp

    > Thank you! :-)
    >
    > --Tony

    http://www.altap.cz/salam_en/freeware.html

    Servant Salamander is a very good two window file manager.

    No icons and no eye candy. This is the free version.

+ Reply to Thread