I just got a new laptop with internal bluetooth and an Intellimouse
Explorer for Bluetooth. Everything is working fine, except that I
can't configure the buttons for the Intellimouse.

I installed the latest Intellipoint, and the Mouse control panel shows
me a pretty picture of the Intellimouse Explorer for Bluetooth and lets
me configure the buttons. But my selections have no effect on the
Intellimouse -- instead, they change what the buttons of my touchpad
do.

This seems like it would be a perfectly common configuration -- a
bluetooth mouse on a laptop, with the touchpad visible as a PS/2
mouse. Yet the Intellipoint software is handling it completely wrong.
I've spent quite a while googling for help and haven't found anything
(except for a possible fix that involves editing msinput.ini, which
doesn't exist past Intellipoint 2.2).

Has anyone run into something similar before, or does anyone have any
good ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks,
Dave