file list - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on file list - Microsoft Windows ; Hi How do I make a list of files in XP?. In Linux, all I have to do is search the files, copy the search results and paste them into a text file and voila! In XP, if I try ...

  1. file list

    Hi

    How do I make a list of files in XP?. In Linux, all I have to do is
    search the files, copy the search results and paste them into a text
    file and voila!
    In XP, if I try copying and pasting it tries to paste all the actual
    files in a text file! There must be a way to do it in XP. Suggestions?
    TIA

    Alex

  2. Re: file list

    Alexander Ehrnrooth wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > How do I make a list of files in XP?. In Linux, all I have to do is
    > search the files, copy the search results and paste them into a text
    > file and voila!
    > In XP, if I try copying and pasting it tries to paste all the actual
    > files in a text file! There must be a way to do it in XP. Suggestions?
    > TIA
    >
    > Alex

    Go to DOS and type: dir > list.txt

+ Reply to Thread