Help - how to change background pic after hit 3-keys (ctrl, alt, del)? - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Help - how to change background pic after hit 3-keys (ctrl, alt, del)? - Microsoft Windows ; Hi, The background pic after I hit 3-keys (ctcl, alt, del) is changed to a different pic from the one I normally see . How can I change it? Note: I know how to change a background pic (right mouse ...

  1. Help - how to change background pic after hit 3-keys (ctrl, alt, del)?

    Hi,

    The background pic after I hit 3-keys (ctcl, alt, del) is changed to a
    different pic from the one I normally see . How can I change it?

    Note: I know how to change a background pic (right mouse click
    background ->Properties->Background), but it won't change the pic after hit
    3-keys.

    Thanks,

    T.
    --

  2. Re: Help - how to change background pic after hit 3-keys (ctrl, alt, del)?

    What I see here is on XP SP2, so your results may vary. I have set the
    background to a pic by RMB on the desktop , Properties & Desktop tab. This
    sets the pic that remains in place when I CTRL-ALT-DELETE.

    WT

    "L" wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > The background pic after I hit 3-keys (ctcl, alt, del) is changed to a
    > different pic from the one I normally see . How can I change it?
    >
    > Note: I know how to change a background pic (right mouse click
    > background ->Properties->Background), but it won't change the pic after
    > hit
    > 3-keys.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >

    > T.
    > --

  3. Re: Help - how to change background pic after hit 3-keys (ctrl, alt, del)?

    Could you tell me what RMB is? I'm using Win2K.

    Thanks,

    T.
    --

    "Wayne Tiffany" wrote in message
    > What I see here is on XP SP2, so your results may vary. I have set the
    > background to a pic by RMB on the desktop , Properties & Desktop tab.
    > This sets the pic that remains in place when I CTRL-ALT-DELETE.
    >
    > WT
    >
    > "L" wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> The background pic after I hit 3-keys (ctcl, alt, del) is changed to a
    >> different pic from the one I normally see . How can I change it?
    >>
    >> Note: I know how to change a background pic (right mouse click
    >> background ->Properties->Background), but it won't change the pic after
    >> hit
    >> 3-keys.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>

    >> T.
    >> --

  4. Re: Help - how to change background pic after hit 3-keys (ctrl, alt, del)?

    Sorry - "right mouse button."

    WT

    "L" wrote in message
    > Could you tell me what RMB is? I'm using Win2K.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >

    > T.
    > --
    >
    > "Wayne Tiffany" wrote in message
    >> What I see here is on XP SP2, so your results may vary. I have set the
    >> background to a pic by RMB on the desktop , Properties & Desktop tab.
    >> This sets the pic that remains in place when I CTRL-ALT-DELETE.
    >>
    >> WT
    >>
    >> "L" wrote in message
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> The background pic after I hit 3-keys (ctcl, alt, del) is changed to a
    >>> different pic from the one I normally see . How can I change it?
    >>>
    >>> Note: I know how to change a background pic (right mouse click
    >>> background ->Properties->Background), but it won't change the pic after
    >>> hit
    >>> 3-keys.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>>

    >>> T.
    >>> --

  5. Re: Help - how to change background pic after hit 3-keys (ctrl, alt, del)?

    Thanks.

    I have removed the pic file from my PC, but I still see it after hit 3-keys.
    I even reboot my PC but it's still displayed after enter 3-keys. Where that
    pic could be stored? I search all places but could not find that file.

    T.
    --

    > Sorry - "right mouse button."
    >
    > WT
    >
    > "L" wrote in message
    >> Could you tell me what RMB is? I'm using Win2K.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>

    >> T.
    >> --
    >>
    >> "Wayne Tiffany" wrote in message
    >>> What I see here is on XP SP2, so your results may vary. I have set the
    >>> background to a pic by RMB on the desktop , Properties & Desktop tab.
    >>> This sets the pic that remains in place when I CTRL-ALT-DELETE.
    >>>
    >>> WT
    >>>
    >>> "L" wrote in message

  6. Re: Help - how to change background pic after hit 3-keys (ctrl, alt,del)?

    L wrote:
    > Thanks.
    >
    > I have removed the pic file from my PC, but I still see it after hit 3-keys.
    > I even reboot my PC but it's still displayed after enter 3-keys. Where that
    > pic could be stored? I search all places but could not find that file.
    >
    > T.

    Whatever you set as background is copied to wallpaper.bmp in your
    windows directory ... somewhere.

  7. Re: Help - how to change background pic after hit 3-keys (ctrl, alt, del)?

    What you need to do is, shut off the active desktop. than change the
    picture (as background) and turn on active desktop with the same
    picture as in non-active desktop.

  8. Re: Help - how to change background pic after hit 3-keys (ctrl, alt, del)?

    Thanks. It works.

    T.
    --

    "Harro Schoon" wrote in message
    news:8065b47d.0503290258.157ee6a@posting.google.co m...
    > What you need to do is, shut off the active desktop. than change the
    > picture (as background) and turn on active desktop with the same
    > picture as in non-active desktop.

+ Reply to Thread