namespace extension IStream interface. - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on namespace extension IStream interface. - Microsoft Windows ; I am using the namespace extension for managing a private filesystem on a USB device. My problem is that i have files larger then 4G, and while transfering files using IStream COM interface , the transfer stops after 4G. Does ...

  1. namespace extension IStream interface.

    I am using the namespace extension for managing a private filesystem on
    a USB device. My problem is that i have files larger then 4G, and while
    transfering files using IStream COM interface , the transfer stops
    after 4G.
    Does any one knows what should I do so I could transfer a very large
    files?

  2. Re: namespace extension IStream interface.

    amir@exatel.net wrote:
    > I am using the namespace extension for managing a private filesystem on
    > a USB device. My problem is that i have files larger then 4G, and while
    > transfering files using IStream COM interface , the transfer stops
    > after 4G.
    > Does any one knows what should I do so I could transfer a very large
    > files?

    I'm surprised you can find pendrives that large. Are you sure you're not
    just running out of "disk" space?

  3. Re: namespace extension IStream interface.

    Twisted One wrote:
    > amir@exatel.net wrote:
    > > I am using the namespace extension for managing a private

    filesystem on
    > > a USB device. My problem is that i have files larger then 4G, and

    while
    > > transfering files using IStream COM interface , the transfer stops
    > > after 4G.
    > > Does any one knows what should I do so I could transfer a very

    large
    > > files?

    > I'm surprised you can find pendrives that large. Are you sure you're

    not
    > just running out of "disk" space?
    >
    > --
    > http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/right-to-read.html
    > Palladium? Trusted Computing? DRM? Microsoft? Sauron.
    > "One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them
    > One ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them

    I am the developer of that device ,it's a video recorder thats why the
    files are so large.
    The disk has a lot of free space.

  4. Re: namespace extension IStream interface.

    It the destination disk a FAT32 filesystem? FAT32 has a 4GB file size
    limit, IIRC.

  5. Re: namespace extension IStream interface.

    no , the destination is NTFS.

+ Reply to Thread