    Newsgroups: adobe.acrobat.windows
    From: GaryA - Find messages by this author
    Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 14:12:19 -0700
    Subject: Re: Acrobat kills my internet connection
    Report Abuse

    This is a wild shot in the dark, but... Search your hard disk for a file
    named AOM.exe. Either delete it or rename it to aom.bak and see if the
    problem goes away.

    I've deleted the above mentioned file but it makes no difference. What
    ecould be causing this? I'm using WinME and a DSL pppoe internet connection.
    Thanks a heap!!

  2. Re: acrobat and internet?

    I had problems similar with Acrobat 5.0 but the latest
    version seems to have corrected it. Try installing a download
    of the latest Acrobat and deleting the earlier version.

    On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 10:01:18 -0500, "MajBach" wrote:

    >Hi! After an extensive search on several NGs, I found two others with the
    >same problem but no one with a solution. Here's one axample:
    >
    >This one is ironic. Whenever Acrobat (I have version 5.0) or the Reader
    >loads, it kills my internet connection. I run Windows 98 SE and use a
    >one-way cable modem with dynamic IP address. My ISP tech support had never
    >seen this one before, but they did help me figure out that, for some reason,
    >when Acrobat (or Reader) loads, my PC forgets the IP address it has been
    >assigned. I have to reboot to get another one. This is amazingly annoying
    >since I generally want to be online while using these products, either
    >reading PDF files or checking out ones I have posted.
    >Newsgroups: adobe.acrobat.windows
    >From: GaryA - Find messages by this author
    >Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 14:12:19 -0700
    >Subject: Re: Acrobat kills my internet connection
    >Report Abuse
    >
    >This is a wild shot in the dark, but... Search your hard disk for a file
    >named AOM.exe. Either delete it or rename it to aom.bak and see if the
    >problem goes away.
    >

    >I've deleted the above mentioned file but it makes no difference. What
    >ecould be causing this? I'm using WinME and a DSL pppoe internet connection.
    >Thanks a heap!!

+ Reply to Thread