Direct internet sharing between two laptops question. - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Direct internet sharing between two laptops question. - Microsoft Windows ; Two dell c 600 laptops using windows 2000, one connects to the internet using dial up modem. Have connected the two latops with xover patch cable. The two computers can recognize each other under networks. How can I set up ...

  1. Direct internet sharing between two laptops question.

    Two dell c 600 laptops using windows 2000, one connects to the internet
    using dial up modem. Have connected the two latops with xover patch
    cable. The two computers can recognize each other under networks. How
    can I set up the second laptop to access the internet through the
    first. Many thanks, David...

  2. Re: Direct internet sharing between two laptops question.

    > Two dell c 600 laptops using windows 2000, one connects to the internet
    > using dial up modem. Have connected the two latops with xover patch
    > cable. The two computers can recognize each other under networks. How
    > can I set up the second laptop to access the internet through the
    > first. Many thanks, David...

    A router would probably be the easiest way overall, but see if there`s
    something about ICS in the control panel... (i`m on 98SE, so don`t know
    for sure where it might be)

  3. Re: Direct internet sharing between two laptops question.

    Thanks Andrew, I cant use a router in this motel room. There's gotta be
    a way, I'm stumped...

  4. Re: Direct internet sharing between two laptops question.

    > I cant use a router in this motel room. There's gotta be a way, I'm
    > stumped...

    Oops, I missed the bit about being on dialup... search for ICS :-}

  5. Re: Direct internet sharing between two laptops question.

    denglish48060@gmail.com wrote:
    > Two dell

    Oops. Never, ever, ever, ever buy a computer from Dell. Ever.

  6. Re: Direct internet sharing between two laptops question.

    Oh Twisted One, This one makes 19 in the last three years without a
    problem and still have them all. Maybe the odd call to there 24 hour
    support to find it was my ignorance.
    I just have never tried this set up before.... I hope others have
    that can help...

  7. Re: Direct internet sharing between two laptops question.

    denglish48060@gmail.com wrote:
    > Oh Twisted One, This one makes 19 in the last three years without a
    > problem and still have them all. Maybe the odd call to there 24 hour
    > support to find it was my ignorance.
    > I just have never tried this set up before.... I hope others have
    > that can help...

    Why then are there so many Dell horror stories on the GripeLog
    (http://www.gripe2ed.com)?

  8. Re: Direct internet sharing between two laptops question.

    I have no idea, some people just like to gripe..... there's alot of
    dell laptops out there!!
    LOL

+ Reply to Thread