Lost user profile - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Lost user profile - Microsoft Windows ; While reinstalling WinXP I lost one of my user profiles. (That in itself is a puzzle, why not all of my profiles?) But the question is, is there any way to restore a profile? John Bailey bailey8@comcast.net...

  1. Lost user profile

    While reinstalling WinXP I lost one of my user profiles. (That in itself is a puzzle, why not all of my profiles?)

    But the question is, is there any way to restore a profile?

    John Bailey

    bailey8@comcast.net

  2. Re: Lost user profile

    J M Bailey wrote:
    > While reinstalling WinXP I lost one of my user profiles. (That in itself
    > is a puzzle, why not all of my profiles?)
    >
    > But the question is, is there any way to restore a profile?

    System Restore?

  3. Re: Lost user profile

    Tried that but the reinstall wiped out my Restore Points.
    Thanks for the response.

    -John

    "Twisted One" wrote in message
    > J M Bailey wrote:
    > > While reinstalling WinXP I lost one of my user profiles. (That in itself
    > > is a puzzle, why not all of my profiles?)
    > >
    > > But the question is, is there any way to restore a profile?

    > System Restore?
    >
    > --
    > http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/right-to-read.html
    > Palladium? Trusted Computing? DRM? Microsoft? Sauron.
    > "One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them
    > One ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them."

  4. Re: Lost user profile

    J M Bailey wrote:
    > Tried that but the reinstall wiped out my Restore Points.
    > Thanks for the response.

    Figures. Just when you need 'em most. Trust M$ software to do something
    really, really dumb like wipe out your restore points when you do
    something drastic, the very situation where you most want to have one to
    roll back to if anything goes wrong. :P